Hacking Devolution Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SixSenseEagle

I know it gonna take some time to get them to finish this epic app but i just hope it comes out soon with a beta or something :( and wii fans we can't even get mad just for fact they there doing this for us wii fans and they are taking there time slowly to get done with this epic project but at least send us something cause it got me thinking it might be cancelled well one thing for sure i hope its not :unsure:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Broad Band Adapter.

It's the modem of the Game cube :P
used to play PSO and other online games.

Edit:
I'm too late.
serves me right not to refresh before posting.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's early days as yet, but how would it be possible to play Mario Kart: Double Dash! via LAN though? As far as I know, I haven't seen any menus which mentions it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the LAN games (mario kart, kirby's aire ride) the menus are normally disabled or hidden unless the BBA is detected.

Edit: You mean in dolphin? Read the linked thread.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't care for GC online play, only a few games support BBA anyway
No extra's needed for me, just as long as the games play perfect (no vid problems, etc)....

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
For the LAN games (mario kart, kirby's aire ride) the menus are normally disabled or hidden unless the BBA is detected.
I probably would have gotten one for my old GameCube back in the day had I known that. I only really knew about the phantasy star games because it said "online" in the title. If more of my games I had seen even a grayed out menu option every time I played I'm sure I would have gotten curious and actually gone bought one.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apart from the phantasy star games (and maybe a few others) it wasn't really online play, you could only play with another gamecube on the same network. I don't think it would be difficult to work around that though.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things like Xlink Kai could be used in conjunction, or really any tunneling software. Would be a neat feature to utilize if its possible, but how would wireless settings be used (Don't know too much about this app in development, I assume it will have a frontend to handle settings and whatnot)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Things like Xlink Kai could be used in conjunction, or really any tunneling software. Would be a neat feature to utilize if its possible, but how would wireless settings be used (Don't know too much about this app in development, I assume it will have a frontend to handle settings and whatnot)
I think wireless settings it could get from the wii system settings like everything else does.

EDIT : As far as the front end, the videos show a really simple, text based front end. I seem to think that he said it's not getting any fancier than that at least. He did say that his simple front end just passes the information to the real program in a sort of "memory blob" so I'm still optimistic that he will eventually share the structure of said blob so others can make their own customer GUI's for it and incorporate it into Loaders and such. He, himself, has been rather quiet about the subject, though.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think wireless settings it could get from the wii system settings like everything else does.
ah. durp.

The thought of this app actually working blows my mind on a tech level. Not that I doubt it being possible, but one person (if its still just the one person) coding this from the ground up just makes me want to stop coding altogether.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The thought of this app actually working blows my mind on a tech level. Not that I doubt it being possible, but one person (if its still just the one person) coding this from the ground up just makes me want to stop coding altogether.
Just because you didn't start Wall-Mart, doesn't mean you shouldn't ever consider starting your own business.
[member='tueidj']'s first words as a child were probably in a language OTHER than C++. Let him inspire you to greatness. ;). Just pretend he was once like you.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am interested in the multi disc solution.
The only critical topic about Dios Mios is the multi disc management.
But both solutions are very very interesting.

Good work @both devs.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am interested in the multi disc solution.
The only critical topic about Dios Mios is the multi disc management.
But both solutions are very very interesting.

Good work @both devs.
and don;t forget the hdd's that go to sleep after an hour or so.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't ran into that problem, but I don't think I've played for spurts of more than 30 minutes anyways.

Honestly, main thing for me is Audio Stream. Disc swap only affects a few games (and someone in another thread already mentioned using Dolphin to solve that problem), but some of my favorites (Eternal Darkness, SFA [don't hate]) have the whole game affected because of this. I know there's a whole lot of tech reasons why this is so much trouble (even mod chips are flaky with it, which baffles me), but I just never would've expected certain portions of audio to be missing from a game. Just sounds silly when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1