Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,752
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds so, Glad to hear its going to be open source.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pro2oman said:
QUOTE said:
update:
I will put the project on svn in a few days, it's not finished or anything but I think it's better then letting it rot on my hdd. Which doesn't mean I will just put it up and stop working on it.

DIOS-MIOS will probably not work for the usual guy as it's all very hacky atm.
Maybe some other people can even help me out?
Cause I still couldn't figure out the DSP problem which breaks most of the sound and memcard access... (once you see the source you will understand there is alot of voodoo going on)

(Since everything will be open source it should be obvious that there will be no protection as people would simply remove it, in the end you're going to hell for pirating
laugh.gif
)
from: hxxp://www.rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=404

Too bad it's some magic he does, instead of adding mem2 + hardware access to the solutions that are available now. Maybe emu_kidid could really do something with this source, at least i doubt i will be able to do much with it.

But it's a nice move of Crediar to release the source instead of just never releasing anything because he lost the interest. I'm looking forward to what this will lead to.

DougClayton4231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crediar uploaded the program for reformatting GC images for DIOS MIOS on the googlecode page a little while ago. Hopefully the rest of the source will go up later on today and people can get to work on it.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
great work!
Anyone got this working already? I have no access to my Wii atm.
The crc32 (hashcalc) for the mios.app i just compiled is c5d6790e, is that the correct value?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well I got it compiled but when I hit start on a game(in this case, Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II), a GC backup loader screen comes up saying it can't find the disk. =(

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
daxtsu said:
Already have it. Just to clarify, it says it can't read the Disk ID.

Delete it with ShowMiiWads, then reinstall it using the WAD from NUS Downloader and replace the 0000000c.app file. I'm pretty sure what you have installed is the cMIOS from Waninkoko/WiiGator instead of a normal MIOS.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What happened was I forgot to update kernel.bin on my SD card so it was loading a NAND off my SD card. Now I get a black screen when I try to launch PSO EP I & II. I guess it's not working yet with DIOS MIOS. I'll try some other games.

Malkierian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, what happened to the source code? I get a 403 Forbidden message no matter how I try to get there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!