Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,745
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

m45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
m45 said:
cry.gif

Original GC not have USB port but a hi speed port and 2 serial ports, why not explore this way and create a firmare/mod for on GC acess a wii SD card(redirect a false hi speed port/serial port)??
Because that's not worth doing, when SD Gecko exists.

sd gecko is slow, because memory card access is very limited!

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very interested in this. wish crediar had made it more publicly known that he needed funding to support the time needed to do this project. would have donated back then but in light of all this wishy washy AP and unknown closed/open source status, and even a healthy amount of doubt about it even being released any time soon if at all, i think ill hold back donating until i see a finished product, or public beta etc.

what im more interested in is the fact that it has been done! the impossible! crediar, as much as i love and adore him and his efforts with the twizzers, bootmii, etc, is being a teensy bit selfish in not releasing this imo or saying he will release it definitely. i can get over the AP, and all that drama, but what it will kill me to see that is can be done and then never actually have it come to fruition. i love ya crediar, really do, but dont be such a tease! ;]

my other point based on crediar showing that it /can/ be done is that some of the other scene god's need to step up their game! as stated by wiipower though not many of them are free time wise or technically gifted enough to take this on. i would like to see some enterprising coder break out into the scene by releasing an opponent to dios mios. competition is always healthy for advances within the scene in my opinion, and we could use some fresh blood :] now no more excuses saying "it cant be done" lol (my second best bet is wani, but out of respect for crediar he might not take it on)

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? A person who's spent hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of hours of his free time (you know you only get 1 life right?) and you call him selfish for not releasing something that doesn't work in any way useful to anyone yet?

Or maybe you just don't realize it's not in any way completed yet?

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i stand by my sentiment in him being a tad bit selfish in not releasing it. sure its his prerogative to release it or not. but i still think its selfish, to a degree.

imagine the makers of psfreedom demonstrating that they had enabled homebrew on the ps3 and then decided not to release it. they completed an impossible task and i wager that if they had kept the code to themselves people would go ape at the indignity. despite it being solely their prerogative to release it or not. wouldnt you feel like they were being a bit selfish if they had kept it secret after showing it could be done?

i think your allowing for crediar to be selfish because of his vast contributions to this scene (and many others). he has been incredibly influential and he did do all this work himself out of his own desire. so yeah, he can keep it and take it to his grave even if he wants! but despite how justified he is, its still a little selfish. sharing is caring.

Oh and i meant in not committing to releasing it or definitively confirming he will. right now it seems to be in Black Mesa Source-esque development limbo. where its being worked on we think but who knows when it will come out, if ever. i totally dont expect him to release it until its done though. i do understand that.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proof of concept would be me playing gc games from my hdd, not watching somebody else do it. The only reason this has not been released is..............

it's fake

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
SickPuppy said:
Proof of concept would be me playing gc games from my hdd, not watching somebody else do it. The only reason this has not been released is..............

it's fake

Lol theres no such things as fakes video on youtube !!!

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's totally fake... Crediar (you know... the guy who first made preloader and SNEEK) totally wanted to completely destroy his credibility by working up the community (*EPIC EYEROLL*)

That said... it's his perogative and to call someone... ANYONE who does things for the community for FREE selfish because he has a new toy he's not willing to share (and only isn't willing to share because it's not ready for the public) makes YOU the one who's selfish.

As above, Crediar is taking a break from it, he may or may not return to it... From what I hear, he's got his hands all over the PS3 right now which is (rightfully so) the more interesting scene right now because it's new. There is still a ton to discover and do with the PS3's hardware, where as the Wii is pretty tapped out (not to mention it was simply less advanced hardware to begin with)

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:

it's fake

QUOTE(funnystory @ Oct 26 2010, 11:37 PM) ^^^^^^ Agreed
Noobs like you shouldn't be on this forum!

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at you you have 66 post and your going to back up a guy that wont release there gamecube loader for the good of the community. I guarantee you if 99% of the people that post on this forum could code a usb gamecube loader they would share it. I will admit theres a good chance this is real but until I have it on my system to see it with my own two eyes it isn't for sure. Why would you announce it if your not going to release it? This is like if we were all blazed at mcdonalds hungry as possible and i had a 100 dollar bill and i was like i have money so im going to buy myself a meal but you guys can just sit there hungry. Which goes to show "caring is sharing". Again what was the point of announcing it if he wasnt going to release it?

MertenNor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
funnystory said:
Look at you you have 66 post and your going to back up a guy that wont release there gamecube loader for the good of the community. I guarantee you if 99% of the people that post on this forum could code a usb gamecube loader they would share it. I will admit theres a good chance this is real but until I have it on my system to see it with my own two eyes it isn't for sure. Why would you announce it if your not going to release it? This is like if we were all blazed at mcdonalds hungry as possible and i had a 100 dollar bill and i was like i have money so im going to buy myself a meal but you guys can just sit there hungry. Which goes to show "caring is sharing". Again what was the point of announcing it if he wasnt going to release it?

+1

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
update:
I will put the project on svn in a few days, it's not finished or anything but I think it's better then letting it rot on my hdd. Which doesn't mean I will just put it up and stop working on it.

DIOS-MIOS will probably not work for the usual guy as it's all very hacky atm.
Maybe some other people can even help me out?
Cause I still couldn't figure out the DSP problem which breaks most of the sound and memcard access... (once you see the source you will understand there is alot of voodoo going on)

(Since everything will be open source it should be obvious that there will be no protection as people would simply remove it, in the end you're going to hell for pirating
laugh.gif
)
from: hxxp://www.rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm