Status
Not open for further replies.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try actually UNINSTALLING the latest DM 2.0 WAD with a WAD Manager using IOS 249 and then try re-installing DML v1.x again. There's a small issue with later updates of DM that they don't use the same content numbers as DML and the MIOS v10 so they don't always correctly overwrite eachother when switching from DM to DML or from DML to DM.

It could just be an incompatible USB device on the hard drive you're using but just to make sure for future reference, the minimum versions to work with DM are
WiiFlow r505
CFG-mod r35 beta2
USB Loader GX r1191
DM Booter r14

Uninstalled/reinstalled. DM still not working, but as long as CFG plays its little song, I can get DML 1.5 to work again.
I don't know why I can't get DM to work. I guess it's the hard drive, since I've done most everything I can to check everything else (and yes, my different loaders are all very up to date). I guess I just thought that if I was able to load Wii games off my hard drive, it'd suffice for GC games as well? I guess not. Probably why UNEEK never worked for me either.

PS: Thank you for the quick reply.
If i look at the bolded part, my guesss is that your hard drive is not formatted with the correct clustersize, it has to be 32 KB (or lower) for DM and UNEEK to work.
Also the FAT32 partition needs to be primary (and active, although mine works also without it being active).

CameronBasham

Trophies
XP
If i look at the bolded part, my guesss is that your hard drive is not formatted with the correct clustersize, it has to be 32 KB (or lower) for DM and UNEEK to work.
Also the FAT32 partition needs to be primary (and active, although mine works also without it being active).

Hm, didn't know that about UNEEK. I did reformat my hard drive for DM, though (I know I didn't quite word that right above). I thought I put 32kb cluster sizes, but I'll redo it to make sure. Also, just to be sure, since space isn't an issue, 32 KB clusters will be the best for game performance, right?

AlanM16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys i have a problem, every since i swapped my old white wii's dvd drive (it broke) with a new black wii dvd drive, dios mios lite doesnt function the same. What i mean is that when i used to play super mario sunshine on my old wii with its original drive, the game worked perfectly. But as soon as i swapped the 2 drives, the gc controller would lock up. Can this problem be because of the new dvd drive in an old wii? or what?

so basically
White(Original Wii)(06') with new DVD Wii Drive that doesnt boot gamecube games, has started having problems with dios mios. can it be the drive i swapped thats causing all the problems or what?

wilso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im trying to run pokemon xd on dml 1.5 and it takes me to my game thats in my wii =( its a pal version btw

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
im trying to run pokemon xd on dml 1.5 and it takes me to my game thats in my wii =( its a pal version btw
What loader are you using?
if there's an option to change the boot method to "new" or "1.2+" or "52+" then I would suggest using it and see if that helps.

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need to recompress the files after extracting with gcreex? ran gcreex -x on 1080 Avalanche and cant seem to get the resulting files to load

edit: welp scratch that now dios mios isnt loading for some reason on any of my games, hrm

Sicsuicide

Console Zombie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get cheats to work?
Ive had to luck with it
in anyloader
ive tried the following
USB loader gx,CFG loader,dios mios booter and wiiflow
no luck any help and as im posting this DM was updated about 2hrs ago

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Help, I get a black screen every time I try to run Spider-Man The Movie, tried different isos, tried NTSC/PAL, always black screen, anyone can confirm if it works?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you check the compatibility list for DIOS MIOS Lite?
Did you try DIOS MIOS (over USB instead of SD Card)?

"Black screen" means that the game freeze at launch after the DML logo, or that you don't see any pictures but the game is working (blind playing)?

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've installed Dios Mios Lite 1.4 and DIOS MIOS v5, but I don't even get to the DIOS MIOS logo.
I've tried DIOS MIOS Booter, USB Loader GX, CFG, but whenever I select the Gamecube .iso the screen goes black for 1 second and the Wii turns off.

The same even happens for retail Gamecube discs when I try to load them from Disc Channel, and yes, I installed the newest version of DIOS MIOS update 5.

This is really frustrating, any tips would be highly appreciated!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread is for Dios Mios Lite v1.5 only.
If you need help with Dios Mios v2, try asking in the sticked topic named "DIOS MIOS (Lite)"

Also, you can't install both DM and DML, you have to choose one as they overwrite the previously installed version.

Sometime, the wii just switch off.
Try few times (3 or 4 times).
If it doesn't help, trying a different settings can help (different video mode for example).

keyanf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All music for Gotcha Force sutters when it starts (and I crashed when returning to the menu when compressed, didn't bother to try to reproduce). Anyone else have the problem? Solution?

Tried the game both compressed and uncompressed.

Edit: I can can confirm MMBNT works fine on no-disc... except it can't save half the time.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I have DML 1.4 installed, and I can play GC games from the SD card without issue. It appears that I have lost my ability to play retail Wii discs. Is there anyway to retain both? I keep seeing comments that retail game support was re-added back to DML, but I don't know how to re-enable the ability to play them. Can anyone point me in the direction?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I have DML 1.4 installed, and I can play GC games from the SD card without issue. It appears that I have lost my ability to play retail Wii discs. Is there anyway to retain both? I keep seeing comments that retail game support was re-added back to DML, but I don't know how to re-enable the ability to play them. Can anyone point me in the direction?
It SHOULD just work. What is happening when you try to load the retail disk? If it's just loading the last game you tried from SD, it's because your loader is set to use the "old" boot method. How that's changed, though, would depend on which loader you use. Which one is it? You would need to both switch to the "new" method and delete the file SD:/games/boot.bin for it to know it's supposed to boot a retail disk in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: my eyes already feel tired