Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something important here?

I updated DML from r41 to 1.5 by installing the .wad.
When I try to load a GC image from SD, it doesn't go green and then straight to the game from SD, which is in this case, Melee, like it did before. It goes green, then black, then GC loader appears, then it loads the GC disc inside the disc drive rather than the GC image from my SD card.

My Wii is from 2007 and is running a slightly hacked version of 4.2.
The SD card format is FAT, which worked great for me.

Or is this because I'm still using Neogamma?

tl;dr DML 1.5 isn't loading ANY games from SD - it's loading from the disc in the drive

EternalYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing 1.4b's WAD has solved my problem. Can you put this in a FAQ or something cause I learned that from someone else who had this issue....

187skillz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
t.co
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Kinda pointless now that USB support is added!
haha yep, a few months too late.. assuming its even real
true but from what i've seen the compatibility for usb loading is kinda ass at the moment not all the games (well the ones i want to play) work so some people are sticking with DML

jereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, sorry to bother, but I have a question. I've been using DML for a few days now, but I've only been able to run one game with no problems (Super Mario Sunshine). Metroid Prime kind of stutters, but from what I've read so far that can be fixed by switching to 64kb clusters, as opposed to the 32kb that I'm using now. However, a few games that I've tried will let me get to a certain point in the game, but then freeze repeatedly. I've tried Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Chibi-Robo, and all three have this same problem. In Wind Waker, for example, the first time it froze I had just opened a door in Forbidden Fortress. I reloaded and it worked, but now I've tried 4 or 5 times, and every time I get to the top of the tower, the sound will cut out, and the game will freeze just after the bird throws me into the ocean. In Twilight Princess, I am on my way to Lake Hylia in wolf form, but every time on the way there the game will freeze, not exactly in the same place every time, but always before I get to the lake. A similar issue is ocurring with Chibi-Robo. I am wondering if these are known problems, or if they are unique to me. Also, I know that the problem with Metroid Prime might be fixed be switching to 64kb clusters, but might that fix the other games as well? Are there any settings I could mess around with to get these freezings to stop?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay guys, sorry to bother, but I have a question. I've been using DML for a few days now, but I've only been able to run one game with no problems (Super Mario Sunshine). Metroid Prime kind of stutters, but from what I've read so far that can be fixed by switching to 64kb clusters, as opposed to the 32kb that I'm using now. However, a few games that I've tried will let me get to a certain point in the game, but then freeze repeatedly. I've tried Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Chibi-Robo, and all three have this same problem. In Wind Waker, for example, the first time it froze I had just opened a door in Forbidden Fortress. I reloaded and it worked, but now I've tried 4 or 5 times, and every time I get to the top of the tower, the sound will cut out, and the game will freeze just after the bird throws me into the ocean. In Twilight Princess, I am on my way to Lake Hylia in wolf form, but every time on the way there the game will freeze, not exactly in the same place every time, but always before I get to the lake. A similar issue is ocurring with Chibi-Robo. I am wondering if these are known problems, or if they are unique to me. Also, I know that the problem with Metroid Prime might be fixed be switching to 64kb clusters, but might that fix the other games as well? Are there any settings I could mess around with to get these freezings to stop?
The only thing I can think of is that DML v1.x has some compatibility problems with some SD cards. Usually this just won't let you start the games at all but it's the first thing that comes to mind. The fact that the music stops in Wind Waker seems to be that it can't read it off of the SD any more so you could always try reverting back to DML r59mod which was the last version without THAT problem at least. You can get the kit to build the WAD here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?qk17b9hubiki4v7
Other than that, I can only guess there might be something physically wrong with your SD card (Let's hope it's something else)

jereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of is that DML v1.x has some compatibility problems with some SD cards. Usually this just won't let you start the games at all but it's the first thing that comes to mind. The fact that the music stops in Wind Waker seems to be that it can't read it off of the SD any more so you could always try reverting back to DML r59mod which was the last version without THAT problem at least. You can get the kit to build the WAD here :
http://www.mediafire...qk17b9hubiki4v7
Other than that, I can only guess there might be something physically wrong with your SD card (Let's hope it's something else)

Thank you, I do believe that has solved the issue. I've played a couple of hours of Twilight Princess and have not encountered any more freezing. Also, the weird stuttering that occurs when going through doors in dungeons has also went away. I haven't tried any other games, but I assume the problem has been fixed, so thank you again.

neztal

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has someone be able to play baten kaitos EWLO using NMM and DML ?

Cause for me, it freeze when i try to save.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he was referring to the post above his. i thought the same thing as you boss but read the previous post.

any on topic, seems like most stuff works well. Mario Super Sluggers freezes on me, tried both compressed and uncompressed. All the good games function though. Also 1080 Avalanche fails, it blackscreens but DM still is working as I can use the controller combo to reset the machine. I may create a comp list but I don't know if I have time.

CameronBasham

Trophies
XP
So I can only get DML to work if I use CFG USB Loader, unless I revert back to r21 (which works for DM Booter and Neogamma). I've found something to be odd, though. About 2/3rds of the time, when I boot CFG it starts with no sound. Then, when I try to boot a game via DML, it just hangs at a black screen and my Wiimote stays connected. However, when CFG's audio DOES work, DML seems to work just fine. Wut?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Gahhh. I spent so long trying to get more than just Super Mario Sunshine to work, and I messed up.
I:
-Installed CFG USB Loader because DIOS MIOS Booter and
c204.gif
Neogamma would blackscreen with DML 1.X
-Reinstalled DML r21 (the only revision I've ever gotten to work)
-Edited CFG DML version to r51- and got The Sims to run very choppily
-Installed DML 1.5, set CFG's DML version to 1.2+, and got The Sims to work pretty well
-Got curious (i.e. stupid) and wondered if DM would finally work
-Installed DM 2.0, set CFG's DML version to DM
-Immediate black screen with Sims off USB (no splash screen, and wiimote stays connected)
-Panic
-Back to 1.5, then r21. Same thing now happens with every version of DML.

What did/do I doooo?
So I can only get DML to work if I use CFG USB Loader, unless I revert back to r21 (which works for DM Booter and Neogamma). I've found something to be odd, though. About 2/3rds of the time, when I boot CFG it starts with no sound. Then, when I try to boot a game via DML, it just hangs at a black screen and my Wiimote stays connected. However, when CFG's audio DOES work, DML seems to work just fine. Wut?
Try actually UNINSTALLING the latest DM 2.0 WAD with a WAD Manager using IOS 249 and then try re-installing DML v1.x again. There's a small issue with later updates of DM that they don't use the same content numbers as DML and the MIOS v10 so they don't always correctly overwrite eachother when switching from DM to DML or from DML to DM.

It could just be an incompatible USB device on the hard drive you're using but just to make sure for future reference, the minimum versions to work with DM are
WiiFlow r505
CFG-mod r35 beta2
USB Loader GX r1191
DM Booter r14

CameronBasham

Trophies
XP
Try actually UNINSTALLING the latest DM 2.0 WAD with a WAD Manager using IOS 249 and then try re-installing DML v1.x again. There's a small issue with later updates of DM that they don't use the same content numbers as DML and the MIOS v10 so they don't always correctly overwrite eachother when switching from DM to DML or from DML to DM.

It could just be an incompatible USB device on the hard drive you're using but just to make sure for future reference, the minimum versions to work with DM are
WiiFlow r505
CFG-mod r35 beta2
USB Loader GX r1191
DM Booter r14

Uninstalled/reinstalled. DM still not working, but as long as CFG plays its little song, I can get DML 1.5 to work again.
I don't know why I can't get DM to work. I guess it's the hard drive, since I've done most everything I can to check everything else (and yes, my different loaders are all very up to date). I guess I just thought that if I was able to load Wii games off my hard drive, it'd suffice for GC games as well? I guess not. Probably why UNEEK never worked for me either.

PS: Thank you for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb