Status
Not open for further replies.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
r12 would be better, r13 got a bug.

Thanks, I'll stay with the r12. And I have one question, how does DML works with double disc games? I just have to put the two discs in the same folder? Or what?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was there something wrong with rev14? I didn't see any mention of it.
At least for me it seems to work fine. WiiPower said that multi dol games broke his sd card filesystem in both r14 and r15.
@LWares:
In the source it's possible to change something for NMM support.

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How? I've never gotten PostLoader to work for anything beyond apps :(
Just go into the game menu and press up on the wiimote to get the DML menu.

Thank you!

Thanks, I'll stay with the r12. And I have one question, how does DML works with double disc games? I just have to put the two discs in the same folder? Or what?

DiscEX will give the folder another title. For example, Resident Evil 4 disc one is G4BE08 and disc two is G4BE082. Unfortunately NeoGamma and PostLoader will only recognize folders with 6 characters. To fix this problem, just title the second disc's folder anything with 6 characters. I'm not sure if there will be issues when you need to switch between discs.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This sounds like a hack:
Resident Evil disc one is G4BE08 and disc two is G4BE082

after those 6 characters, i expect there to be a 0x00 and a 0x01, not the ASCII 0 and 1, which are actually 0x30 and 0x31.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@LWares:
In the source it's possible to change something for NMM support.
So... it is possible to have NGC loading from a SD Card, as well as saving and loading without a memory card the exact same way? But... wouldn't the game in question lag like hell, saving/loading the game and reading game data from the SD Card?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... it is possible to have NGC loading from a SD Card, as well as saving and loading without a memory card the exact same way? But... wouldn't the game in question lag like hell, saving/loading the game and reading game data from the SD Card?
No idea, havent tested it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it would not lag more than it would already do. Or do you have games that read/write the save file over and over while playing?

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a strange problem. I followed the directions to get this to work with Neogamma and Neogamma does have the option "Load GC Games via DML" and it also displays all the GC games in the "Games" folder and then I click to Launch a GC game and it goes through the motions of loading, but then the screen changes to green, blinks, and then the wii restarts. Both games, "Zelda Wind Waker" and "Simpsons Road Rage" are PAL discs I ripped with "CleanRip" then ran through "[631]wiped_gcm_fixer_v1.5f" and then "DiscEX-v0.8-cred"

I used a Freeloader disc to load PAL games on my gamecube and my wii is also NTSC, so to double check to see if that was the problem I checked a disc sold in USA, "Paper Mario" and the problem persists so it's not a region issue. It's just not working.

I created the .wad file with "DMLr12_create_wad" and installed it with "Multi Mod Manager". I don't know why it isn't working.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

DiscEX will give the folder another title. For example, Resident Evil 4 disc one is G4BE08 and disc two is G4BE082. Unfortunately NeoGamma and PostLoader will only recognize folders with 6 characters. To fix this problem, just title the second disc's folder anything with 6 characters. I'm not sure if there will be issues when you need to switch between discs.
This sounds like a hack:
Resident Evil disc one is G4BE08 and disc two is G4BE082

after those 6 characters, i expect there to be a 0x00 and a 0x01, not the ASCII 0 and 1, which are actually 0x30 and 0x31.

Thanks for the help, but my real question relied in-game. Like RE4, it lets you save before you change your disc, but what about games that don't let you save before changing discs? I don't have an example for this situation, but I'm gonna say RE1. You save a loooong way before you get to the part where it asks you to change disc. What about if, you put game disc 2, load the save, and asks you to insert disc one? That's kinda my real issue about this, and I had it since the previous DML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM