Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've noticed that running DML via SneekDI has higher game compatibility than running it via NeoGamma, and one more thing, I can confirm that even compressed or shrink game works pretty well, RE3: Nemesis (compressed) does not work on NeoGamma but running it via SneekDI works perfectly without issues or anything.

Is your disc spinning the whole time? Do you use a gamecube or wii disc? If a game works shrunk or not depends on the game, one game that works shrunk does not mean all do.

Does it still work in Sneek+DI if you remove the disc after getting the 1st screen from the game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the first page update and thanks to Fix94 for the tutorial :)

Maybe you could add a quick changelog from the latest revisions, or at least a notice to not use r13 if it's problematic for the SD FAT32 filesystem.
The changelog in the front page could be more user oriented, like "this game xxxxxx now works" (they don't care that Fwrite has changes :P)

Recent Changelog:
Red: use at your own risk (Risk of SD Card corruption)
Green: recommended. Latest stable version.

r16: Adds 2 DVD patch function
r15: More fix on multi .dol games
r14: Fixes the multi .dol issue to 50%, fix r13 stability.
r13: Code cleanup
r12: Dios Mios Lite is now meant to be installed on real NAND

(This is just a suggestion, you can make it different).

I'm changing the topic's title from
DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS LITE Source Project, gathering interested developers
to
Dios Mios Lite - Gamecube SD Backup Loader, DML on real Nand

If you have a better subtitle idea let me know, I'll add it.

I'm now moving the thread in the backup loader forum as it's an active project and no more a request to find developers :)
It's in the stickies.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
I'm now moving the thread in the backup loader forum as it's an active project and no more a request to find developers :)
Bad idea, as this isn't a loader. 'Backup Loaders' are GUIs which run on the PPC, this is a low level system tool which runs on the ARM core. NeoGamma is the 'loader', DML runs on the Starlet while GC games are running on the PPC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
End users don't know that.
I thought it would have more impact here.

But you are right that it's not DML which load the games, it's postloader or neogamma.
DML is just the patch for MIOS.

If this is really a problem, I'll move it back to the hacking forum.
Or a different topic title? instead of "backup loader" maybe something more like cMIOS installer for loading GC on SD?

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
The *NEEK and cIOS threads are in the Hacking sub forum, and DML is very similar to them. What else should be there? If anything, DML should be in the 'Hacking' forum. You should rather move stuff like the postloader topic to 'Homebrew & Emulation', as it has nothing do to with 'hacking'.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I somehow have a problem that you just copied my tutorial and it would be nice if you could just link to the page if you don't mind :)

Reactions: 3 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll move it back, I should change the title again then.

What would be a good title?
"Dios Mios Lite" alone?
or anything about what it does? Patching MIOS to redirect GC to SD?

What are thinking the developers about that?

I talked about it with G0dLiKe about moving and renaming the topic, but I'll wait for the developer's decisions this time.

Reactions: 1 person

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I somehow have a problem that you just copied my tutorial and it would be nice if you could just link to the page if you don't mind :)

This already happened b4 i updated the first post, all relevant links are on the bottom of first post, have a look fix ;)

I also like the title as it is now.

Thx to Cyan for renaming and moving and sticking this thread.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree with Fix94, you should only link to his tutorial.
First, it's his own :P
Second, it's better to update only one instead of having multiple copies and outdated versions if you forget to update them all.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This already happened b4 i updated the first post, all relevant links are on the bottom of first post, have a look fix ;)
Yeah I've seen that but well we are in wii - backup loading and not wii - tutorials here, it would be OK to just link to the tutorials on the first page, especially with text tutorials, also because if the owners change something (as I did :P) the tutorial would not be up to date.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='Cyan']
This thread should be a "sticky" one in the hacking section not in the backup loader section. And maybe it's better to have a real defining topic like changing the current to for ex "Dios Mios Lite - cMIOS, Use DML run your Gamecube games from SD"

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the first page update and thanks to Fix94 for the tutorial :)

Maybe you could add a quick changelog from the latest revisions, or at least a notice to not use r13 if it's problematic for the SD FAT32 filesystem.
The changelog in the front page could be more user oriented, like "this game xxxxxx now works" (they don't care that Fwrite has changes :P)

Changelog linked on top of first post.

I agree with Fix94, you should only link to his tutorial.
First, it's his own :P
Second, it's better to update only one instead of having multiple copies and outdated versions if you forget to update them all.

Done. Only linking to Fix94´s tut :)

Yeah I've seen that but well we are in wii - backup loading and not wii - tutorials here, it would be OK to just link to the tutorials on the first page, especially with text tutorials, also because if the owners change something (as I did :P) the tutorial would not be up to date.

Yeah, I agree. thx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are right it should be with the other custom IOS topic (d2x) in the hacking forum.
I moved it too quickly without thinking. I'll fix that then.
Sorry everyone for the few changes I made.

I like the topic title too, I put cMIOS first to match the d2x topic's title order too.

I think it's fine like that now.

Reactions: 1 person

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that running DML via SneekDI has higher game compatibility than running it via NeoGamma, and one more thing, I can confirm that even compressed or shrink game works pretty well, RE3: Nemesis (compressed) does not work on NeoGamma but running it via SneekDI works perfectly without issues or anything.

Is your disc spinning the whole time? Do you use a gamecube or wii disc? If a game works shrunk or not depends on the game, one game that works shrunk does not mean all do.

Does it still work in Sneek+DI if you remove the disc after getting the 1st screen from the game?

hi WiiPower, Im not sure if the disc spins all the time, but when I checked it before, i think it does not spin anymore after the game loaded but when I tried ejecting the disc, it ask to insert the game disc, will try again later and post the result here, about the shrunk games, overall they're working though some has issues but i guess they're the same issues encountered depends of the game.

by the way, I'm using GC disc, haven't tried a Wii disc ever since.

UPDATE: The disc does not spin after the game loaded, and when I ejected the disc, nothing happens, the game continues without error or anything even if the disc is not inserted.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great job on the thread i love it. i might add to the compat list feeling in a "test" mood until football comes on.

GO GIANTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, Hi