Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

kaulsuraj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it not work with ppl for whose disc drives are in the grave.. Because no matter what version i download the games load but my gc controller stops working

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does it not work with ppl for whose disc drives are in the grave.. Because no matter what version i download the games load but my gc controller stops working
I think there's some option in DM(L) Booter about not initializing the drive or something, does that help at all?

Now that you mention it, there was someone saying that happened to them after swapping out their drive or going to a different Wii with a different drive or something. I didn't think too much of it at the time but there might be something to that that could be fixed in DM itself.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested the Widescreen setting with two games.
- Mario sunshine looks great :)
- Starfox Adventure has no visible changes (maybe the game is already in 16:9? I tested only from Disc)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, I tested it only on retail ;)
maybe it's like the others settings and they are not used at all.
But I always play starfox from disc as it need audio streaming.

I'll try my other games.

Edit:
Mario sunshine works from iso, but Paper mario always boot the disc in the drive.
I don't know if it's a problem from GX, I should try other loaders.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I edited my long, descriptive post again.
I just realized that the loader has to report what config version it's trying to use and that it was DM that was seeing the wrong version and deciding to just boot from a disk so my theories that some loaders could work with v2.2 just by changing a configuration were incorrect. Only v2.1 would work without an update (but with the NoDisk setting being interpreted as the Widescreen setting) because of it's incorrect version number.

At least now it looks like GX and CFG have updated I don't think WiiFlow has yet and DM(L) Booter r28 and up should work.

EDIT : Okay, now WiiFlow has been, too. I don't follow PostLoader too much so I don't know about that one.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok well im using 2.2v2 and the latest usb loader gx 1197.. has anyone noticed that the button combo reset doesnt work anymore? at least in mario sunshine

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your loader supports the padhook patch, enable it, AngryGeek. Without it, the reset combo doesn't work in DM 2.2 anymore(disabled by default in DM)

Kithron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well im using 2.2v2 and the latest usb loader gx 1197.. has anyone noticed that the button combo reset doesnt work anymore? at least in mario sunshine

yeah i've noticed it's not working anyrmore. i've tryed the combo reset on a few games in my collection and got the same result (wouldn't reset)

edit : after seeing daxtsu's post i've turned the padhook option on and it worked.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your loader supports the padhook patch, enable it, AngryGeek. Without it, the reset combo doesn't work in DM 2.2 anymore(disabled by default in DM)
thanks ur right i did have to enable the pad hook patch.. but why would they disable it by default seems kinda odd...lol

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks ur right i did have to enable the pad hook patch.. but why would they disable it by default seems kinda odd...lol

My best guess is it causes issues with certain games.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9agLk1_faxk