Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is any benefits for using this if you already own a R4 gold plus card or this is more aimed for people who wants to play nds games from the sd?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is any benefits for using this if you already own a R4 gold plus card or this is more aimed for people who wants to play nds games from the sd?
If you have a flashcard, then you just get a GUI upgrade for your flashcard, with a higher resolution, 3D depth, box art, 3 themes, and animated icons from DSi-Enhanced games. ;)
You can also play games with TWL clock speed, and the higher sound quality of 48khz, which can also be done for games on the SD card.

Reactions: Mysuke

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have a flashcard, then you just get a GUI upgrade for your flashcard, with a higher resolution, 3D depth, box art, 3 themes, and animated icons from DSi-Enhanced games. ;)
You can also play games with TWL clock speed, and the higher sound quality of 48khz, which can also be done for games on the SD card.

Thanks! I'll give it a try when my flashcard arrives.

One last question, do i need to install these TWLNAND side cia files when using the 3dsx version with rosalina or this is only necessary for the cia version of twloader?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'll give it a try when my flashcard arrives.

One last question, do i need to install these TWLNAND side cia files when using the 3dsx version with rosalina or this is only necessary for the cia version of twloader?
Yes, the TWLNAND side CIA files need to be installed, regardless if 3dsx or CIA is used.

Reactions: Mysuke

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fished out my copy of Shadow Dragon so I could play the English patched FE12, and I've been having a blast on it. But... Well, FE12 has like, this bonus content, I guess it's kinda like DLC? But not really? It's tough to explain. Anyways, I used a modified save file that has such content unlocked, and it works fine on DeSmuME, got all the bonus content unlocked like it should. But when I tried to transfer over the modified save to TWLoader and open it up, the bonus content is locked again, and I've been trying on and off the past few days to get it working, but to no avail. There's a save file for No$GBA, that didn't work, and a save file for use in flash carts, that didn't work either. Started up the game using that save file in DeSmuME, played for a while, and then imported as a raw save file, that didn't work. The save file's been named exactly the same as the ROM name, too.

The only thing I haven't done is save on TWLoader and import it back to DeSmuME, but I doubt that'd work. Granted, it probably just doesn't work because of the nature of how the bonus content is locked away, so if that's the case, I'll just play the game as is on TWLoader and just do the bonus story stuff on the emulator, the story stuff is mostly just backstory.

Uuurgh, sorry I ramble so much, I usually TRY to pack in as much info as I can whenever I have an issue.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fished out my copy of Shadow Dragon so I could play the English patched FE12, and I've been having a blast on it. But... Well, FE12 has like, this bonus content, I guess it's kinda like DLC? But not really? It's tough to explain. Anyways, I used a modified save file that has such content unlocked, and it works fine on DeSmuME, got all the bonus content unlocked like it should. But when I tried to transfer over the modified save to TWLoader and open it up, the bonus content is locked again, and I've been trying on and off the past few days to get it working, but to no avail. There's a save file for No$GBA, that didn't work, and a save file for use in flash carts, that didn't work either. Started up the game using that save file in DeSmuME, played for a while, and then imported as a raw save file, that didn't work. The save file's been named exactly the same as the ROM name, too.

The only thing I haven't done is save on TWLoader and import it back to DeSmuME, but I doubt that'd work. Granted, it probably just doesn't work because of the nature of how the bonus content is locked away, so if that's the case, I'll just play the game as is on TWLoader and just do the bonus story stuff on the emulator, the story stuff is mostly just backstory.

Uuurgh, sorry I ramble so much, I usually TRY to pack in as much info as I can whenever I have an issue.
As you're using a donor cart, the save file should be restored/written to the game cart itself. Use Checkpoint to do that.

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you're using a donor cart, the save file should be restored/written to the game cart itself. Use Checkpoint to do that.

AAAAH, thank you! After many failed attempts, it finally worked after I backed up the save data from the cart, renamed the modified save file, and replaced the cart save data with the modified save data!

EDIT: I do have one more question... Since I had to restore the modded save file to the game cart and I wanted to play just Shadow Dragon, would the game cart still play normally? Like, I could set up a fresh save file on it and it'll work fine? It's been so long since I played Shadow Dragon anyways, so no big loss there if the original save I had there is fucked and I had to start over there. I eventually checked when I was more awake, the game cart starts up and runs fine, the original save file on the cart is gone. Haven't actually started playing the cart yet to see if saving the game will cause issues for the FE 12 save data, though.

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus,

TheFireKyuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play pokemon white on a new 3ds with a pokemon platinum donor cart, but i have an error that no save file was detected, do i need a patched rom or is there something wrong with the donor cart/rom.

drag0nscythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I'm having trouble with downloading boxart. I updated the loader and now instead of downloading boxart on startup, the loader goes straight to the menu. I tried reinstalling the loader, changing the settings to installing all the old files from the old TWLoader file but nothing seems to be working.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I'm having trouble with downloading boxart. I updated the loader and now instead of downloading boxart on startup, the loader goes straight to the menu. I tried reinstalling the loader, changing the settings to installing all the old files from the old TWLoader file but nothing seems to be working.
Make sure Quick start is turned off.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v6.6.4

What's new?
  • If you have no cart or a 3DS cart in the card slot, trying to run an SDK5/TWLSDK game will bring up a message saying that the game may not work without a donor cart.
  • The troubleshooting message that appears after you launch a game, has been moved to the first-time welcome screen.

Reactions: Ramzitv1

TiagoS10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gatilho chrono continua sem sair da tela do portal e descobri que isso não é coisa anti-pirataria é realmente problema twloader ou nds-bootstrap. Isso será resolvido no futuro?

Reactions: Xanibale

TiagoS10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
English, please?
chrono trigger continues without leaving the portal screen and I discovered that this is no anti-piracy thing is really twloader problem or nds bootstrap. Will this be solved in the future? sorry

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrono trigger continues without leaving the portal screen and I discovered that this is no anti-piracy thing is really twloader problem or nds bootstrap. Will this be solved in the future? sorry
It actually is an AP issue.
It could be fixed by patching the AP SDK function, which hopefully can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh