Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

SirFluff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I can see that you can view, edit (though you can't choose font), extract, etc. cia files. But is there any way to take a cia file and add it as a project in the main menu? Otherwise I'll just have to make them all manually from scratch and copy over the data that I can view when I drag the cias onto the window.
I don't believe you can do that. The CIA is already put together. You can extract it, but it won't work as a project.

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, i'm a little noob in the scene, so, please i'm sorry in advance for the question if it's ridiculous.
first, i can use the NSUI flawlessly, but i would like to specify which version of the emulator i use with my installed cia, i know i can change in the "project" in NSUI to snes9x old3ds forwarder, which is the one that i use, but when i open the game, it shows me that the snes9x version that is using is 1.21. I have snes9x 1.30 installed in my new3ds, and as a .3dsx file stored.
the question is, how do i change it so when i open my cia game, it opens 1.30 version instead of the 1.21? is it in the NSUI or in my 3ds? if yes, could someone please, explain how?
why am i asking it?
-i've got a few bugs playing in the v1.21 and not in the v1.30.
-the bottom screen menu is missing in v1.21 used in NSUI
-i want a few of my favorite games being launched from the home menu instead of opening the emulator and select the rom.
tks!!!
Did you ever figure this out to get it running with v1.30? from the home screen?
Post automatically merged:

The Injector is using outdated versions of several emulators; not just snes9x. We don't know if they'll be updated in the next version since the creator still hasn't released a new one in forever. So, your best option is to either use the emulators or wait for a new version of nsui.
Anyone know if the injector w/ snes9x option was updated to v1.30 yet?

Last edited by m_lance,

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever figure this out to get it running with v1.30? from the home screen?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know if the injector w/ snes9x option was updated to v1.30 yet?
No, the SNES9x inject has not been updated to v1.3. I also don't think the author of this program is around anymore, so I'm not expecting it to be. Sorry :(

That said the majority of SNES roms should work just fine in the version we have.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the SNES9x inject has not been updated to v1.3. I also don't think the author of this program is around anymore, so I'm not expecting it to be. Sorry :(

That said the majority of SNES roms should work just fine in the version we have.
thanks for the reply man, appreciate it

magolorsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is it possible to keep your save file from an old inject when making a new one? I want to change the banner of one of my games but would hate to lose my save

NicNamSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can add to it. I don't know about a repository, but iirc, you can use your own images. I think I did that for one of my games.
I have my own images, I was just wondering if I could add to the database so people don't have to manually add those particular missing games.
Also, does anyone have or can provide a new source for the 3DS virtual console banner template/image? The injector program still doesn't produce a similar look, even with the right font. The spacing isn't the same. But all the links that I can find online and on this site are broken.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can make a banner with bannertool. it requires the icon, banner, and sound (in wav). the icon and banner can be in png. then, you can use makerom to build a cia of the game.

NicNamSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can make a banner with bannertool. it requires the icon, banner, and sound (in wav). the icon and banner can be in png. then, you can use makerom to build a cia of the game.
But what I'm looking for is the VC banner label png (where the title and release date are). An easy blank VC label banner png/template. If I have the banner png, I can photoshop the VC banner and choose the image in the injector program.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Icon dimensions are 48x48 and 24x24 pixels, banner dimensions are 256x128 pixels - and then for the audio, it must be in WAVE format with the audio properties of 44kHz 'Stereo' 16-bit, and should exceed no less than 3 seconds.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Icon dimensions are 48x48 and 24x24 pixels, banner dimensions are 256x128 pixels - and then for the audio, it must be in WAVE format with the audio properties of 44kHz 'Stereo' 16-bit, and should exceed no less than 3 seconds.
I managed to make a banner, bnr, and icon, icn, with accompanying wave for a new build sonic mania for the 3ds. here's how to make a banner as I asked for it, then I figured it out myself:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/bannertool-example.619783/#post-9953114

Reactions: SylverReZ

mullse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is it possible to keep your save file from an old inject when making a new one? I want to change the banner of one of my games but would hate to lose my save
You should be able to do this using Checkpoint--just back up the save on the old inject, then move it into the corresponding folder for the new inject, and restore from that backup. As long as you're using the same ROM for both injects, it should work without issue.

Reactions: HairDyeGuy

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you kept your files from when you made the inject the first time, you can simply change the banner and save it again. As long as you don't change the title key the resulting cia will use the same save file as the original inject. If you don't have the original files though you're going to have to do what the user above me posted.

BeavisMacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Snes9x is at v1.45. It's much smoother than v1.3 with frameskip off and match3ds framerate enabled for a lot of games.
(can't post links yet) check github for /Xeddius-Network/snes9x_3ds (not my work)

I tried shoehorning in the v1.45 .elf into the OldSnes injector without success.

strang

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so im new to the modding scene and have this problem where i extract the CIA of the ROM im using its GBA by the way and when i get to FBI it doesn't give me the option to install the cia just delete it doesn't even recognize it as downloadable but it is CIA im so confused it doesn't have the icon denoting its an app above it either any help would be really great thanks. it is the og model by the way if thats significant(just tried nes and it didnt work either)

Last edited by strang,

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
KIndly replay if anybody else facing the same issue.

Device :- Nintendo 2ds
Storage :- 32gb SD Card with fat32 64kb cluster.
Injector :- NSUI (New super ultimate injector beta27)
Infected game :- As of now, only Pokemon emerald US Rom (clean stock rom, No hacks, No patches).

Attachments

• icon_banner.jpg
    icon_banner.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG-20221014-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20221014-WA0001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-20221014-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221014-WA0002.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20221014-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20221014-WA0003.jpg