Hardware [DISCUSSION] What do you think when will somone manage to run unsigned code on the Switch?

maxGREGSZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is this thing uses the same cpu as another android device the 3ds and wii u did not so maybe it will be easier to hack it.

D

Deleted User

Well is sure as hell won't be Gateway then because they don't do jack in 30 days. :rofl2:
they have enough money so I dont even know if they will bother to hack it. it took them last time few years, so well wait and see

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you two didn't got the joke :
Back in 2011 a flashcard for 3DS got announced as Crown3DS and in the end on their website there was only a bar saying that they are progressing and it was stuck at 72% *that's why the $72 price*
Pretty sad when people quickly forget the history of the homebrew scene. This wasnt even a decade ago.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thing is unlike the 3ds the switch uses a CPU in an android device meaning it may be able to be rooted.
You don't know what rooting is, do you? Switch is NOT an Android device. CPU doesn't make one. If you were to go that way, then all iPhones are Android devices as well, as they also use ARM CPUs. What MAKES a device an Android one, is running Android system. For a device to be rooted, it would need to run a Linux-based system (which Android is). And it's very unlikely that Nintendo would go for Android, too many security issues.

maxGREGSZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
all Nintendo systems so far have been hacked what makes you think this one won't Nintendo tried to make the 3ds secure and ended up failing. like the other consoles like Xbox and PlayStation required a modchip to be hacked a Nintendo system does not.

Last edited by maxGREGSZ,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
all Nintendo systems so far have been hacked what makes you think this one won't Nintendo tried to make the 3ds secure and ended up failing. like the other consoles like Xbox and PlayStation required a modchip to be hacked a Nintendo system does not.
PS3 and PSP have CFW.
Xbox (the old one) had some form of CFW (NDURE) and 360 could be JTAG/RHD modded.
Therefore, your argument is completely invalid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...