Disgaea 5 PC delayed due to players unlocking the full game from the demo

IMG_7783.JPG

NIS America hasn't had an easy past few months. With the report of credit card data being hacked, or the translation mess of Ys VIII, people have been wary of the company lately. The issues continued when the Disgaea 5: Complete PC port demos went out. There were minor issues found, ranging from crashes to visual errors. But the worst problem of all was when a group of players used a hex editor to edit save files past the cutoff point of the demo, allowing access to the full game, and all of its DLC content. NIS America maintained that were was no such issue with the port, but when more and more people began to claim they had proceeded past Chapter 3, where the demo normally ends, NISA pulled the demo from all available sources, and then delayed the game from its original May 7 release to "Summer 2018".

As beta testing has been ongoing, we have been fixing bugs and issues as they were discovered. While working on corrections last night, we came across a new issue that requires additional attention that will take more time to resolve. Unfortunately, until this issue can be resolved, the release date will be postponed, and we are now targeting a release for Summer 2018. We offer our sincerest apologies to all who have been looking forward to this release of the game.

:arrow: Source

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are they really putting more DLC in the "Complete" edition? I assumed by DLC it meant the stuff you had to purchase in the PS4 version but was added for free into the Switch version akin to the other Complete Disgaea releases.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing I can remember of the battle system right now is some random archer attacking and shouting her war cry: "Croissant!"... For some reason that is burnt into my ears. But sure there was a lot more to it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an update, the 3DM release was just a "de-steamed" demo, but recently there was a patch released that finally turns it into the full game. So....NIS screws over their paying customers and delay the game indefinitely (Summer 2018 is now missing from the Steam product page) while pirates get the whole game right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: so much lightning shit makes valley of bowser from super mario world tame in comparison