Disney to acquire LucasFilm - Star Wars Episode 7 is coming 2015

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope this means no more incredibly annoying Robot Chicken/Family Guy parodies. Those shows are worse than
jar-jar-binks-tongue-candy-2.jpg

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to make sure it somehow wasn't April 1st. This blows my mind....

Besides not totally sucking, I hope the new movies respect the books, which cover 50 odd years past ROTJ and have always been promoted as canonical. Granted, the last series (fate of the jedi) wasn't that great, but there certainly have been some great ones over the years, as well as a lot of interesting new characters. To throw that all away would be sad.

I also hope that we don't get sequels for the sake of having sequels. I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, but Star Trek got incredibly diluted with too many movies and shows until Enterprise and Nemesis almost killed it.

dalc789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is real? I heard about the buyout but not about episode 7. Don't really know how I fell about this. Hopefully it'll be somewhat decent and involve some of the established EU. Or even the Old Republic. That's gotten pretty popular recently.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think that Disney has potential to do something great with this, but I hope they don't make movie after movie, since nowhere does it say that they will stop after VII, VIII, and IX.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that I'm going to have to teach some people a lesson about Disney. Disney is not all Mickey Mouse and Goofy. Disney is a group of studios with many hats. Disney owns the Muppets, Marvel Comics, ABC and more. When Disney takes on a Non Disney-Created IP they perform an assessment to see what they can do with that IP that will allow the IP to stay true to its origins but also fit within the Disney family. Disney will not "kill" Star Wars. Over marketing of Star Wars has already killed Star Wars. We DO NOT need another movie!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lucas has gone over to the Dark Side.

Also, Episode 7 shall be blasphemy.

Why? If it's based off the Jedi Academy series, it might actually be decent. Most of the post-Jedi stuff in the novels is either really early pre-Sith War type of stuff and the post-Jedi books are heavily focused on Luke and his founding of the Jedi Academy as well as his battles with the dark side of the Force, Han and Leia as well as their kids who become Jedi students, and various other things.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget Pirates of the Carribean's sucess, and that that is a Disney franchise. They seem to be able to handle long, epic tales very well without any sing a long music. None of the POTC had that.

But I still don't know about Star Wars Disney....Only time will tell.

Reactions: nryn99

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, here come the anti-fans. Woohoo. -_-

But seriously, I'm actually pretty happy about this. Were it anyone else making a new trilogy, I would be very wary. But I trust Disney to do this well.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't really see any problem with Disney taking a crack at this.
I don't know what all the bitching is about about the first three films. They're not bad.

I'm interested to see what Disney does with their trilogy. Could be good, could be bad. Who the hell knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it