It's this time of year again (Nintendo 2013 edition)

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So those silhouette were all fairly easy to figure out except this one:
char3.png

We clearly have Mario and Luigi on the left and right, but the little bob-omb with a star doesn't look familiar. If I had to guess I would have to say this is for the new 3D Mario game, and I would be inclined to assume it will be Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep you're right, I had totally forgotten about that game. Can't find the exact image, but the little thing is definitely the little yellow guy from dream team. Well that's boring, nothing new in there at all.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only 3 days to go! Next question:
Do you think that Nintendo has a big chance to turn things around by the E3 Direct, even if the other two do well in their conferences?
Not a chance. If the others do well (which is to say: debunk the negative rumors/facts, announce a bunch of exclusives and all of that for an affordable package)...then ninty only has a snowball chance to be even noticed, no matter what they come up with.

I think the real chance of turning things around will be when a next-gen game is released across all platforms (probably watch_dogs) and it turns out that all those spec comparisons between consoles turn out to be having only a very minor difference on the actual game.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
48 hours to go, guys! Hang in there! Now for today's question(s), what games are you hoping that they announce? And what is the most game out of the list they confirmed to make an appearance in the Direct that you're looking forward to see?

Not a chance. If the others do well (which is to say: debunk the negative rumors/facts, announce a bunch of exclusives and all of that for an affordable package)...then ninty only has a snowball chance to be even noticed, no matter what they come up with.

I think the real chance of turning things around will be when a next-gen game is released across all platforms (probably watch_dogs) and it turns out that all those spec comparisons between consoles turn out to be having only a very minor difference on the actual game.
In no way do I think that this gen's comparison will be like the Wii vs PS360 situation, so I think the Wii U will manage if they announce big games coming out soon and giving us a taste of the future. Of course, the Wii U's success is in the hand of the price of the X1 and PS4, imho.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So those silhouette were all fairly easy to figure out except this one:
-snip-
We clearly have Mario and Luigi on the left and right, but the little bob-omb with a star doesn't look familiar. If I had to guess I would have to say this is for the new 3D Mario game, and I would be inclined to assume it will be Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Thats Starlow from Bowsers inside story. I'll assume shes returning in Dream team.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
48 hours to go, guys! Hang in there! Now for today's question, what is the most anticipated announcement you're looking forward to?
Erm...that would be GTA V for wiiu. Or perhaps a delayed The witness*. I can think of more (more steam games on the eshop! Destiny! an EA exclusive for their systems! Knack!)...but that's a bit too unlikely.

A bit of a strange question, though. If you already know it's coming, the announcement isn't needed (so why anticipate?). As such, this is just asking to what we're getting our hopes up. Right? :unsure:

*it's a timed exclusive for PS4. And thanks to ubisoft, I now respect developers more if they keep their promises rather than giving fanboys what they want

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
48 hours to go, guys! Hang in there! Now for today's question(s), what games are you hoping that they announce? And what is the most game out of the list they announced to make an appearance in the Direct that you're looking forward to see?
I'm really hoping Retro's secret project is Metroid. I'm also really hoping to see a new Kirby game for the 3DS.

Otherwise, Super Smash Bros. 4 and the new Zelda game for 3DS are my most anticipated confirmed appearances.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tumblr_mfc5iaFx0q1rwngzyo1_r1_1280.jpg

We're so close, guys! Hurry and claim your hype train tickets before it's too late! :D

I will be editing the second post with everything announced at the E3 Direct and I will another make a post tomorrow that will probably be updated with everything as it gets announced so you can discuss it here after/during the E3 Direct. Now for the final question.... Is your body... READY?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That presentation was the most lackluster thing I have ever seen ._.
I mean, Super Mario 3D World? I wanted a 3D Mario game ninty but not that...
Everything else was expected or just completely forgettable.
Even Smash, which looked... Ok? Maybe when more info comes out I can get hyped for it, but good lord, that presentation was no where near what I expected. There are STILL only a handful of wii u games coming out too!
I'm sure ill get flak for this but whatever, in my opinion, the ball was dropped, and it rolled into the competitions court.
But uh to make it sound a bit better... Still better then XBone ;O;

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Nintendo showed everything everyone asked for and more.
They showed everything we asked for... In dumbed down ways. And showed more... Of lackluster nothing.
That "3D Mario" was a total slap in the face.
The New Mario Kart is ok but not much different or exciting at the moment.
Wind Waker we already knew about.
Bayonetta we knew about.
Xeno whatever looked nice.
Smash bros was Ok, but still pretty uninteresting and graphically unimpressive.
This Nintendo Direct was a disappointment. We're you reading along with the IM comments on the direct? People were disappointed.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see that you guys didn't like it much? I, for one, LOVED this one and I was gasping all over :P I wanted more, but I still got some awesome stuff to look forward to! ^_^ Well, it's time to update the second post!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...