Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to get free to play version on PS4 and PC

Free_LargeCapsule_616_test.jpg

In November of last year, Japan saw the release of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Free Edition, which is, as the name implies, a free to play version of the 2018 fighting game. Square Enix has announced that this will also be headed west, for PlayStation 4 and PC. The game will allow players to choose from a scaled-down roster of characters which will change on a weekly basis. Both online and single player modes will be included in the free version as well, while a Standard and Deluxe version will allow usage of all characters, and all DLC additions respectively. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition will launch on March 12 for the two aforementioned platforms, with PC players also getting the paid version on the same date.

:arrow: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The game is all eye candy - it's great presentation wrapped around a relatively shallow experience. You might as well pick it up if it's free, but don't expect your mind to be blown - it's not like its predecessors. You can read a full review of the game right here, on GBAtemp:

:arrow: Dissidia NT Review

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros,

All the final fantasy characters you wanted in Kingdom Hearts 3 are in this game.

Cons,

It plays nothing like Kingdom Hearts.

"Oh wait, there is more cons? Umm where do I start, or end? Can I do one more pro?" :creep:

Pro,

Is going to be free to play.

Cons,

Is not on Nintendo Switch. Which could seem like fun to have 6 people playing in the same room. :ninja:

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay feels so stiff compared to its glorified psp days ohwell atleast we can try out the deluxe edition free on PC ;) erm.. and hopefully mods

Last edited by MasterJ360,

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hooray, now I can avoid this game like the plague on another platform.

A friend brought over his PS4 to show it to me last year and it really was as bad as he had told me beforehand. The gameplay is really slow compared to the first two Dissidia games and the AI is just atrocious. I wonder if someone will be able to mod the game to make it better, seeing as SE probably won't do that themselves no matter how many complaints they keep getting about it.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros,

All the final fantasy characters you wanted in Kingdom Hearts 3 are in this game.

Cons,

It plays nothing like Kingdom Hearts.

"Oh wait, there is more cons? Umm where do I start, or end? Can I do one more pro?" :creep:

Pro,

Is going to be free to play.

Cons,

Is not on Nintendo Switch. Which could seem like fun to have 6 people playing in the same room. :ninja:
con it technicaly isn't entirely free. with the power of shenanigans they managed to pull off a free game that needs psplus to play online.

Reactions: Darksabre72

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
con it technicaly isn't entirely free. with the power of shenanigans they managed to pull off a free game that needs psplus to play online.
Not to mention all those micro-transactions if you want to use/keep the characters you want in the "free" version, instead of only being able to use the ones available in the current rotation.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention all those micro-transactions if you want to use/keep the characters you want in the "free" version, instead of only being able to use the ones available in the current rotation.
Well, see, from what I can tell....or not, I can't read many moon runes.....you can only play as 1 character offline so ya, without ps plus your super fucked.

Reactions: Darksabre72

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, see, from what I can tell....or not, I can't read many moon runes.....you can only play as 1 character offline so ya, without ps plus your super fucked.
I don't know how to read those either (besides "Yes" and "No" game prompts), but wow, that's terrible.
There's definitely going to be a wave of complaints if that's still the case on PC, seeing as a lot of people on Steam like to play offline and without DRM.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"single player" - you mean lack thereof lol.

Even for free, i would not want to play this game again, the disappointment it gave was too much.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
if they sticked to the old psp style of gameplay i would have bought it in a heartbeat but noooo they had to go and mess up and change everything, they turned away all their hardcore fans :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum