'Final Fantasy VII Rebirth' gets launch trailer

final fantasy 7.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, the second installment in the Final Fantasy VII remake project launches exclusively on PS5 today. To celebrate the launch Square Enix has aired a new trailer:

In FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH, players take on the role of mercenary Cloud Strife and his comrades as they pursue legendary swordsman Sephiroth, a haunting figure from Cloud’s past bent on ruling the planet, across a vast and vibrant world rife with danger, adventure, joy and uncertainty. These unlikely heroes, including beloved, iconic characters Tifa, Barret, Aerith and Red XIII, join forces with new companions like the spirited ninja operative Yuffie and the wisecracking, feline-shaped robot Cait Sith. FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH delivers an unforgettable experience to players filled with unexpected twists, memorable characters and jaw-dropping set pieces that longtime fans and newcomers can both enjoy.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is available for download from PlayStation Store.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing it now.
Post automatically merged:

shame sony lied about having this on PS4 and having people upgrade to PS5. but i bet it will be on PC soon enough.

The 3rd part will probably be on PS6, a remake spanning 3 generations lol.

Last edited by Jayinem,

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On one hand everyone whines about that there are no good games anymore but when they release a good one they find pseudoreasons not to play it because obviously its better to sit high on the pseudo-moral horse than having fun playing a great game 😂.

I do understand the miscontent about it being exclusively for ps5 because not everyone can afford to always have the latest console. I guess it will take about 1-2 years for this game to release on PC. The question is if the ones not able to afford a PS5 do have a PC powerful enough to play it.

I for one am thrilled to play it next week. Sadly got no time until then.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On one hand everyone whines about that there are no good games anymore but when they release a good one they find pseudoreasons not to play it because obviously its better to sit high on the pseudo-moral horse than having fun playing a great game 😂.

I do understand the miscontent about it being exclusively for ps5 because not everyone can afford to always have the latest console. I guess it will take about 1-2 years for this game to release on PC. The question is if the ones not able to afford a PS5 do have a PC powerful enough to play it.

I for one am thrilled to play it next week. Sadly got no time until then.

History shows us that new console's success highly depends on exclusives.
Zelda, Halo, FF...

Square did a clever move, bringing the very same popular IP for each new SONY installment.

Why not play a good game instead of ranting 'older is better' ?
Well, here is a catch, FF7 remake was bad. I mean, really, really bad. I tried, wanted to like it, but the corridors, padding and convoluted storytelling with watered down baddies...Humpf. Gorgeous, yes, but not fun at all.

I expected AT LEAST challenging side missions like Crisis Core and its strategic chara building on hard mode, I had a glimpse of hope with the Shiva optional battle and after that...Nothing happened.

On the other hand, while I am a dumb 8ter, streams popping here and there give me a REALLY good impression on this game. FF7 was an openworld really enjoyable after Midgar, and here we have it.

I must admit, FF7:Rebirth looks way better than FF7:Remake gameplay wise.

Reactions: DS1

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
History shows us that new console's success highly depends on exclusives.
Zelda, Halo, FF...

Square did a clever move, bringing the very same popular IP for each new SONY installment.

Why not play a good game instead of ranting 'older is better' ?
Well, here is a catch, FF7 remake was bad. I mean, really, really bad. I tried, wanted to like it, but the corridors, padding and convoluted storytelling with watered down baddies...Humpf. Gorgeous, yes, but not fun at all.

I expected AT LEAST challenging side missions like Crisis Core and its strategic chara building on hard mode, I had a glimpse of hope with the Shiva optional battle and after that...Nothing happened.

On the other hand, while I am a dumb 8ter, streams popping here and there give me a REALLY good impression on this game. FF7 was an openworld really enjoyable after Midgar, and here we have it.

I must admit, FF7:Rebirth looks way better than FF7:Remake gameplay wise.
I picked up Remake when it was on sale for $15 this past holiday. I finally got around to trying it out and it is HORRIBLE.

You know how Netflix keeps releasing these live-action adaptations of anime and everybody has a field day with memes about how dumb they are? That's EXACTLY what Remake is. I would love to know why people roast those Netflix things, but not this game. Maybe because their parents don't pay for their subscription to the game? LOL.

Half of Remake is slowly squeezing through tight spaces just to get to the next bit of gameplay or story (likely these are just fancy loading screens, but slowing down gameplay this much should be a sin in modern gaming). 20% of the game is the characters, having finally squeezed through to the next highly detailed area, slowly staring at your next very obvious goal and commenting about it at length. The rest of the game is then running through those classic FFVII setpieces while NPCs run around you (usually in the opposite direction, lol) and unconvincingly pretend to be really upset about terrorists. I can't believe it, but they actually turned Twitter into a live-action video game.

The main draw of the game is seeing the world of Final Fantasy VII (which, in their defense, was the most compelling thing about VII, whose script was always pretty weak) in painstakingly faithful detail. The hope is that you'll push past all the boring stuff just to see the next setpiece. This almost worked with me - landing on Costa Del Sol and hearing that dope song after wading through hours of creepy sci-fi nightmares in the original was SICK! I'd love to experience all that again, gloriously remade... but I can't even finish Remake. There really is just one answer - go back and play the original and let everyone else have their fun.

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
6 hours in and it's a pretty fun so far. A lot of things to do and see as the game world is way bigger than Remake was. I went off the path to explore straight away. AIso I enjoyed Remake for what it was, even know it's not really a "Re"make per se.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to pirate FF7 Remake Intergrade or w/e it's called, then I seen the file size of like 100+gb, and noped out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.