Review DLDI Tutorial

melzchao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get one thing... I followed every step of this tutorial and I patched the nds file that I couldn't load on my card. But nothing changed, and I still couldn't play it. It just froze after "writing save file" appeared!

Someone pls help!

melzchao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone pls help me?

I have this GBA game file that I converted into .nds file. I have a R4 to my NDS, so do I need to patch it? It doesn't work if I don't patch it, so I did following the tutorial, and it said that the "patching successful", but it still doesn't work when I put the NDS file into my card. It just freezes after it says "writing save file". Is something supposed to happen after I patch the NDS file?

Someone pls answer all my questions! Thank you!!!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
melzchao said:
Can someone pls help me?

I have this GBA game file that I converted into .nds file. I have a R4 to my NDS, so do I need to patch it? It doesn't work if I don't patch it, so I did following the tutorial, and it said that the "patching successful", but it still doesn't work when I put the NDS file into my card. It just freezes after it says "writing save file". Is something supposed to happen after I patch the NDS file?

Someone pls answer all my questions! Thank you!!!
You can't convert Gba-games into .nds files, it doesn't work that way.
You simply can't play Gba-roms using a R4 or any other slot 1 flashkarts.

jordanlp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to DLDI programs for an R4 i would run dlditool.exe and type r4tf.dldi and the name of the program?

Chewy9042

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me I'm trying to use things like nesDS, SNESds, and Sega because it says im missing a DLDI drive for my EZ Flash V.
wacko.gif

Chewy9042

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have had those applications work before and put all the stuff from those links on my EZV but it still says for nesDS and others that DLDI driver is missing and not sure if accidently deleted it or what when I was trying to get DSVideo to work. So if anyone knows where I can get another DLDI drive it would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSVideo requires special DLDI drivers (I had to hardpatch the recompiled one to get it to work) but it does sound like you accidentally deleted/overwrote them. My advice now would be to simply replace the loader/update it.
Failing that the links to the improved DLDI files are available above and you simply have to place them in the \moonshl directory.

Saskrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any other DLDI patcher for mac besides DLDI Drop? i use a supercard, the patching never works, and dldi drop just quits with no error or success messages.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand this right, I don't have to do anything and my CycloDS will just update things like emulators for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 20 dollars is 20 dollars lol