Gaming do not buy last gen ports on the switch unless your out of the house alot

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't get... we already bought the source code for all these games, accepted EULAs for the same software how many times now... I have bought MINECRAFT 5 or 6 times now... just realizing how stupid I am...

If you don't get that, well, In other words, we are paying for nothing more than an update, and really get ripped off.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What I don't get... we already bought the source code for all these games, accepted EULAs for the same software how many times now... I have bought MINECRAFT 5 or 6 times now... just realizing how stupid I am...

If you don't get that, well, In other words, we are paying for nothing more than an update, and really get ripped off.
I know the feeling. I had an intense internal debate on Minecraft on the Switch.

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realms would have made it worth it. Still waiting on that one, regretting buying... personally think it was BS to make sales that realms will be on switch, Microshaft saw a quick way to make money on nintendo with 3ds and switch.

Last edited by jrobertdobson,
Reactions: Kioku
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
It never ceases to amaze me how a simple point can escape so many of you.

This generation as a whole is seeing more rereleased and remastered software instead if something new.
But let's stop and think. That's not accurate at all, is it? We're seeing more re-releases and remasters, but we're also seeing more original games, too. The indie scene has exploded, and even in the AAA sphere, there's a decent wealth of new releases steadily marching out the door. This ain't a zero-sum game. Those remasters are being pushed out alongside ever more new games and content.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
But let's stop and think. That's not accurate at all, is it? We're seeing more re-releases and remasters, but we're also seeing more original games, too. The indie scene has exploded, and even in the AAA sphere, there's a decent wealth of new releases steadily marching out the door. This ain't a zero-sum game. Those remasters are being pushed out alongside ever more new games and content.
The indie scene had exploded and in a good way. Yes. That doesn't make my statement any less accurate. The more interest in the indie scene, and the more big name devs turn away from terrible publishers the better. HOWEVER, this is why the mobile market has gone to shit. More 'indie' cash grabs and garbage. I have no quarrel with the indie market, but I can't stand shovelware.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd usually agree with this, but the Switch is different. It's the perfect console to buy for ports, since you can free them from the tether of a home console and play them anywhere. People keep complaining about ports, but honestly? People complained at a lack of third party support for the Wii U, seeing all these companies wanting to test the water isn't a bad thing. I suppose those who primarily use their Switch as a home console may be inclined to disagree though.
Well isn't that, some people just feel bad when they had wii u and was waiting for all the good games to get on the system, then they never got it so it became a huge elephant in the room to some people. I had a wii u and never complained about any third party games, I bought a nintendo console for Nintendo games, and there was plenty of it with backwards compatible features.

Now the switch comes out, nintendo up front announces they will have better support for 3rd party developers, and the first thing they do is shove a list of games from 2012 and older out on to a brand new 2017 console when I'm sure most of the games could have been on wii u. To some that is like "Where was you when we wanted you?" I for one don't have a problem with the fact there is more games on the switch, but I am just curious if they are actually trying to support the system. "Testing the waters" by porting old games, instead of making new ones, doesn't sound like a full investment into the system that I was sure nintendo assured us of. Think that maybe why some of the people are rather upset about this port situation.

To be honest, I never had interest in dark souls games, I seen people play it on twitch and I always got bored watching a guy in a trenchcoat run around and slay beast, reminds me of monster hunter but a lot more darker and mature to a gamer who want a more challenging game than monster hunter which i played a demo of on wii u once for curious reasons. I am more concerned about the price, $60 for the game is the issue why I don't really support some of these ports. $40 for resident evil revelations 1 & 2 where one game is on the game card and the other must be downloaded from the eshop and requires Micro sd card. Puyo Puyo Tetris $40 at retail and $30 on eshop, Mario kart 8 Deluxe, Pokken Tournament DX $60. Most ports don't go to the same price of the initial release game, they usually get $20 discount even with updated content. Of course is not up to me to decide on the price tags but I least like to know why I'm paying more money for switch games compared to other systems, and hoping they aren't using the "Luxury of having both console/portable hybrid" as a reason. :unsure:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy a Switch just for this thread's existence.

Please tell me not to buy a Tesla either because I want to change my car without feeling like I'm wasting my Porsche.
If you can re-sell it for a reasonable price it's not a waste, at that level of income you can have whichever car you want. I really like both the interior and exterior of Teslas, and they save you money in the long run.

Last edited by Xzi,

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well isn't that, some people just feel bad when they had wii u and was waiting for all the good games to get on the system, then they never got it so it became a huge elephant in the room to some people. I had a wii u and never complained about any third party games, I bought a nintendo console for Nintendo games, and there was plenty of it with backwards compatible features.

Now the switch comes out, nintendo up front announces they will have better support for 3rd party developers, and the first thing they do is shove a list of games from 2012 and older out on to a brand new 2017 console when I'm sure most of the games could have been on wii u. To some that is like "Where was you when we wanted you?" I for one don't have a problem with the fact there is more games on the switch, but I am just curious if they are actually trying to support the system. "Testing the waters" by porting old games, instead of making new ones, doesn't sound like a full investment into the system that I was sure nintendo assured us of. Think that maybe why some of the people are rather upset about this port situation.

To be honest, I never had interest in dark souls games, I seen people play it on twitch and I always got bored watching a guy in a trenchcoat run around and slay beast, reminds me of monster hunter but a lot more darker and mature to a gamer who want a more challenging game than monster hunter which i played a demo of on wii u once for curious reasons. I am more concerned about the price, $60 for the game is the issue why I don't really support some of these ports. $40 for resident evil revelations 1 & 2 where one game is on the game card and the other must be downloaded from the eshop and requires Micro sd card. Puyo Puyo Tetris $40 at retail and $30 on eshop, Mario kart 8 Deluxe, Pokken Tournament DX $60. Most ports don't go to the same price of the initial release game, they usually get $20 discount even with updated content. Of course is not up to me to decide on the price tags but I least like to know why I'm paying more money for switch games compared to other systems, and hoping they aren't using the "Luxury of having both console/portable hybrid" as a reason. :unsure:

Agree with you , maybe if we want to play more games we need to get a 2 console(ps4 pc etec), nintendo consoles are for nintendo games

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

1) You can't buy source code lol
2) This "Update" is a port and enables me to play wherever the fuck I want, and that's more than worth it.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the contrary, I will support third party devs on the Switch whenever I can. Some of them are just testing the waters to see if their product sells, and if it does, they'll invest more on the platform.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want to play games on my wiiu anymore so anything that I havent beaten there that gets ported to the Swtich, I'll just play on the Switch.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
this thread is ridiculous, so we cant buy last gen ports because?...

your assuming people even have the original game i never bought donkey kong tropical freeze,or hyrule warriors, or dark souls, or skyrim or even la noir, why would you if not own any of the games buy the older gen that preforms and looks worse over the newer gen on current consoles even if only better framerate and resolution?
this is valid for switch,ps4,xb1, assuming people have the original games is ridiculous or even the console, or if they havent selled them and want to do another playthrough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I used to have my entire music collection in FLAC, but there is so many songs and devices that I...