smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
So this "something" has to be visual art of some kind? It couldn't be say, an indie game or film or literature?
Well I hope it doesn't have to be visual art, because I'd hardly call my own something that. :P
Speaking of which, will I have to post an executable or will a video be enough ?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made this years ago when photoshop was something new and exciting.

jVHyD.jpg

I don't expect to win. :P

Reactions: 3 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this "something" has to be visual art of some kind? It couldn't be say, an indie game or film or literature?
Well I hope it doesn't have to be visual art, because I'd hardly call my own something that. :P
Speaking of which, will I have to post an executable or will a video be enough ?
This. If I was going to submit my game (which I don't think I will considering it's nowhere near show worthy yet) I wouldn't want to be giving out an executable just yet.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This. If I was going to submit my game (which I don't think I will considering it's nowhere near show worthy yet) I wouldn't want to be giving out an executable just yet.
Either way, the content was created by you right? There's no problem with submitting videos of things.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we enter more than one thing or change our entry? I'm currently working on a DS homebrew that I would like to enter if I finish it in time.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Well here's a video of my thing : (now featuring a whole solar system) (ok it's actually just 5 planets and a moon but whatever) (...and the sun is actually just a giant yellow planet atm)
[yt]o9XCosxS3fk[/yt]
Still extremely rough so don't expect anything amazing, but at least the basics work. I've only been at it for a few days so I'm sure it'll get better in the future. Not sure it'll get much better before the deadline though. :P
(also, the video capture software keeps crashing after about two and a half minutes so I can't make a much better video...)
(and the video quality sucks, sorry about that)

edit : and here's a galaxy (extremely, extremely rough)
galaxy.png

edit : galaxy video
[yt]kW5qtyz-qVY[/yt]

Reactions: 2 people

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gallery_239449_1090_288280.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_131422.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_131422.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_18364.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_310433.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_312329.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_223107.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_586886.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_488753.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_418854.jpg

gallery_239449_1090_77406.jpg

Warning: Big images!

(pff, that took some time to upload and paste in a post....)

This is a Cheese coating remover I made for a school porject :)
Took me 2 weeks to build and is unfotunately only 75% complete, it contains 57 unique parts in this version.
I build this in Autodesk Inventor 2012, it contains a lot of constraints (keeps everything together) and I didn't bother to count those -.-"

I did not make the "background", this is one of the standard backgrounds.

Hope you guys and girls like it :P

Edit. Got all the files that make this assembly to prove it's mine :P
(although a classmate's name's are on half of the technical drawing's we needed to make, caus he checked them because I didn't have the time at that moment)

Edit2.
A quick render of my "first" CAD project, took me 4/5 weeks to build due to inexperience :)

gallery_239449_1090_122542.jpg
gallery_239449_1090_57483.jpg
gallery_239449_1090_173952.jpg
This one even moves the clamp if the handle is squeezed.

Reactions: 1 person

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, Benbop is a painter, and Benbop has painted these.

BtzISh.jpg

The one on thr right is a leader type, and the one on the left is a understudy thing, I think.
Took me a day in total to paint, and half of today to finish them.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a couple of banners for GBAtemp's Facebook Community page, to pretty it up a bit.

Decided to parody common stereotypes of Facebook with GBAtemp's mascot, Tempy! Two variations below, literally finished this a few minutes ago, you guys are the first to be seeing this:

0bcFp.jpg

wwHZo.jpg

If you want a quick snapshot walkthrough of the process, check out the images in the spoilertag below:

lCfAu.jpg

dHreB.jpg

f6ePO.jpg

cknMf.jpg

S956Y.jpg

0bcFp.jpg

wwHZo.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd submit one last thing. Just whipped in up in the past hour for the hell of it.

Emergency Alert System Generator

MNfEv.png

Introduction:

I'm sure most of you have seen, or at least heard of Emergency Alert System broadcasts. It's a system used to send alerts over TV, radio, and other forms of communication for things like tornado warnings, presidential messages, or most of the time, just tests to make sure the system is running when the time is needed.

I got bored today, and after watching a mock EAS broadcast that admittedly creeped me the heck out at first, I decided to make a little app so I could generate my own.

Anyways, this program allows you to generate realistic looking EAS broadcasts. You can type in the name of the threat (Default is Tornado), type of threat (Default is Warning), group that issued the alert (Default is National Weather Service), and the message that scrolls along.

This is not to be used as an actual broadcasting tool, and it is just for fun. I am not responsible for anything that results from you using this program.

Controls:

Space (Hold) - Static Effect
Enter (Hold) - Blank/mute broadcast
F4 - Toggle windowed/fullscreen mode
F9 - Screenshot

Screenshot:

9EQ5c.png

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a8lw923ovbvokn1

Credits:

- MoaCube for their Film Grain Example
- parabolix for his EAS warning tone
- Jace for his continuous static sound

Reactions: 1 person

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missed the deadline and my game isn't even close to being finished. Ah well. Even though it's past a deadline, I'd still like to share a graphic that I'm particularly proud of.

win2u.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/