Hacking do we yet know what r4i 2.0 is a clone of?

Dragynbane0292

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really wanting to know so I know what's compatible and what's not firmware wise.

it works like it should with firmware from www.r4ids.com, but I can't make Wood r4 to work (don't worry, I've already given up on that and crossed it of my compatibility list.
wink.gif
)

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it's the R4i gold 2.0, than it's a r4 ultra
wood will not work

one of the akaio (v1.8.1) should work, that's probably the best firmware you can get for that cart

jaredlivingstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sausage Head said:
Seems like an Acekard 2i clone, as their latest update states "AKAIO".
And they host YSmenu without permission

I'm a bit curious about this issue of hosting YSmenu. A lot of the firmwares made by people on this site use it. Do they all have permission?

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, these 'firmwares' are probably not the full firmware, but just some patch files. Without these files the game compatibility will suffer. If those files weren't allowed to be redistributed, YSmenu would be rather useless.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaredlivingstone said:
Sausage Head said:
Seems like an Acekard 2i clone, as their latest update states "AKAIO".
And they host YSmenu without permission

I'm a bit curious about this issue of hosting YSmenu. A lot of the firmwares made by people on this site use it. Do they all have permission?
First... YSMenu is not a Firmware. Neither is Wood or AKAIO or anything else like that.
Those are all MENUS. Firmware is what gets updated on the DS and on SOME flashcards via an update file (like ak2ifw_update_3ds_v1_DSi.nds)

Second... There are a few people (*cough*amaro*cough*) who have been essentially "stealing" YSMenu for years by releasing the full package and giving ZERO credit.
Yasu did not want people re-hosting it, and for a while GBAtemp enforced this request, but when the frequency of hosting dyed off so too did it's enforcement. Yasu's site was a bit of a pain in the ass to navigate -- being all in Japanese doesn't help, but so does not having page anchors and a 'table of contents', so sometimes it was rehosted out of frustration, other times because (for a while) Yasu liked to put up and ?take down? the most recent version (or he was reverting the page?), other times because his site was down. And it didn't help that if Yasu's host went down for an hour the R4 and DSTT pages were full of "ZOMG YASU TOOK HIS FILES AWAY!".

Essentially, no one has permission to host YSMenu other than Yasu's site, but no one can really stop you from doing so. Though it is a huge dick move to bundle his work along with work you've taken from other people and package it as YOURS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2