• Total voters

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
:) like flattening the orbits of atomic structures using phased magnetic resonance. (That was some industrial strength techno babel there so please don't yell at me it was meant as joke. lol)
I know it's just a joke but before I got done reading the sentence I started trying to figure out what good were implying could come from flattening atomic orbits ( :teach: and thinking about looking up phased magnetic resonance :mthr: lol)
@[member='PsionicRoshambo']
Im starting to think you are an alien.
SHHH, don't tell him. He doesn't know yet.
There are thousands of galaxies in the KNOWN universe. With an uncountable number of planetary systems in each.
To believe that we are the only intelligent life in the Universe is not only ignorant, but extremely arrogant.
Speaking of the know universe, there's a limit to how far away we can see from ourselves. We look too far and all we see is quasars (probably the light took so long to get to us that that's all that that existed in the universe trillions of years ago when the light we're seeing was actually emitted) but who knows what fraction of the existing universe we're actually able to see. On the other hand, if we're talking about UFO's and Aliens in the same sentence, we'd better stick to the probability that there's life in the "nearby" section of our own galaxy where there's some chance that we might actually get visited from. ( without having to think about "phased magnetic resonance" :P )

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we have no conclusive proof of actually have aliens/intelligent life, its a much more sound argument for the the skeptic. Its not perfect, and its also a inductive argument till we find an answer.
Its actually easier and more logical to believe that there are no aliens/IL, from a purely logical standpoint.

Its the same as me taking you to china. I make the argument, "There is no gold in China."
My end of the argument is done. Again logically.
To counter that, you would have to actually FIND a piece of gold IN China.
Id doesnt have to be big, or alot of it. Any will do.
But until you have, My argument is more airtight.

Now for the purposes of exploring the cosmos, i certainly hope we do find, a very least, LIFE, somewhere in the stars.

No conclusive proof? Muthaf*cka, did you not watch Power Rangers?! Aliens are all over, plotting to rule small cities with silly ass names like Angel Grove. Shit is real, son! Shit is real!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Because we have no conclusive proof of actually have aliens/intelligent life, its a much more sound argument for the the skeptic. Its not perfect, and its also a inductive argument till we find an answer.
Its actually easier and more logical to believe that there are no aliens/IL, from a purely logical standpoint.

Its the same as me taking you to china. I make the argument, "There is no gold in China."

Now for the purposes of exploring the cosmos, i certainly hope we do find, a very least, LIFE, somewhere in the stars.

No conclusive proof? Muthaf*cka, did you not watch Power Rangers?! Aliens are all over, plotting to rule small cities with silly ass names like Angel Grove. Shit is real, son! Shit is real!

Also see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(Doctor_Who)

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:) like flattening the orbits of atomic structures using phased magnetic resonance. (That was some industrial strength techno babel there so please don't yell at me it was meant as joke. lol)
I know it's just a joke but before I got done reading the sentence I started trying to figure out what good were implying could come from flattening atomic orbits ( :teach: and thinking about looking up phased magnetic resonance :mthr: lol)
@[member='PsionicRoshambo']
Im starting to think you are an alien.
SHHH, don't tell him. He doesn't know yet.
There are thousands of galaxies in the KNOWN universe. With an uncountable number of planetary systems in each.
To believe that we are the only intelligent life in the Universe is not only ignorant, but extremely arrogant.
Speaking of the know universe, there's a limit to how far away we can see from ourselves. We look too far and all we see is quasars (probably the light took so long to get to us that that's all that that existed in the universe trillions of years ago when the light we're seeing was actually emitted) but who knows what fraction of the existing universe we're actually able to see. On the other hand, if we're talking about UFO's and Aliens in the same sentence, we'd better stick to the probability that there's life in the "nearby" section of our own galaxy where there's some chance that we might actually get visited from. ( without having to think about "phased magnetic resonance" :P )

I invented something and didn't even know it... lol

Or at least I was not far off from an actual thing that already exists :)

http://www.mr-tip.com/serv1.php?type=db1&dbs=Phase%20Encoding

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I invented something and didn't even know it... lol
Or at least I was not far off from an actual thing that already exists :)
http://www.mr-tip.co...hase%20Encoding
I read through the first half of that paragraph and just decided I wasn't really understanding any of what I was reading (Heck, I don't really even know what the scientific meaning of the word "phase" is). I think it was talking about a MRI machine (medical equipment) which stands for something like "Magentic Resonance Imaging" if I remember right. Who knew that was what we'd be using for deep space travel in the future. :P

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously dude WTF?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously dude WTF?

curiousity is going to find some micro organisms

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I do believe in aliens. or I should say extraterrestrial life. (aliens could mean immigrants and strangers as well, right? haha).
I believe in extraterrestrial life, yes. I see no possible reason why our pea sized little earth would be the only planet in the whole wide universe with (intelligent) life. Statistically it is bound to be some other planet with at least some bacteria. But odds are that there are plantes with intelligent life such as ours.

Reactions: 2 people

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, now that you mention lasers
don't forget disruptors, death rays, phasers, blasters, proton canons, ray guns ...

Curiosity is screwed.

Speaking of lasers and aliens.

This is the one video that has me at least considering the possibility that earth is being visited. (It still could be just an optical illusion of some sort but it is a fantastic piece of video from NASA itself so I trust the source.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avtyorONHAw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...