Hacking Do you bring your DS + Flashcart to school?

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
In my school am the only one who has flashcarts(my school has like 600+ student) and when i play a song on it they go OMG how did you do that and they think am like Einstein of gaming
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, I recently got WabbitDS and freaked the hell out of my math teacher by showing him a $110 calculator on my DS.
rofl2.gif
Good times.
Hell, my DS is my superior to an iPod Touch, it goes with me everywhere for music and stuff. Showing off videos to my friends from my DS is always good because they keep asking "Dude, how did you DO that?!"
tongue.gif

NeverEden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, never, never ever again. My university is real casual so it's not a big deal to play NDS while the professors are lecturing... but yeah... um, let's just say the fun wasn't worth the price of tuition. >.<

Even if I don't pay attention half of the time during class, having my NDS there will make me pay even less attention.

The only fun device I will ever bring to school is my ipod, and that's it. I don't have A.D.D., but I am L.A.D., Lazy As Death. =P

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
i bring myn to skool to show the teachers some new stuff on it (i'm a student ict tech so they're used to me doing random things with pcs and ds's) recently i made a skin for dsision2 and showed it to my ict teacher and she loved it! then she said if only i put as much work into my school work...XD

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
JDMEVOIXMR said:
I was at church one time and I was playing it before the service started and there were these 3 Filipina girl behind me =D and they asked me what game I was playing. One of them said that they love Brain Age this and that. And I showed them all my roms and they were like
ohmy.gif
They left before I got to talk to them though, like they left before the service ended...Just like metron's experience. Wow, not 1, not 2, but 3 Filipinas in one pimp move! I'm thoroughly convinced that a DS can be used to score with the schladies
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(JDMEVOIXMR @ Feb 25 2009, 12:13 AM) Then there were some other instances at GameStop..when the employees asked questions..surprisingly...
That's because the average 'temper is more technologically-inclined than GameStop / Best Buy employees. If I were a GameStop employee, I would totally stick it to them by secretly introducing customers to flashcarts
ninja.gif
You do remember that Nintendo of America sends representatives to game retailers for quality control?

Or would you use your NINJA MOVES!!!

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
You do remember that Nintendo of America sends representatives to game retailers for quality control?

Or would you use your NINJA MOVES!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, I've seen a dude come by, I had my DS with the Cyclo in my pocket too. He basically just had a session of Q&A with the employees, I eavesdropped a bit, but no new info. They were just talking about Harvest Moon, and how the DSi is coming out in April.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoLuckys said:
In my school am the only one who has flashcarts(my school has like 600+ student) and when i play a song on it they go OMG how did you do that and they think am like Einstein of gaming
tongue.gif
zomg. You are just like me~! Everyone goes all crazy after seeing you play music on your DS. They were always just like, How'd you do that~!? Then my friend jokes around and says "He is hacking the DS illegally." Then I was just like, "Screw you! I am just using an application that is so legal
tongue.gif
"

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In high school, every day. I could use the Opera browser to connect to the school-wide wifi network during certain classes (SSID was hidden so homebrew wouldn't work with it) and then I used it as my primary MP3 player all year. Served as entertainment during homeroom as well.

Then I got to college starting in fall, got a laptop as required by the school (the lack of shoulder buttons confused me temporarily, hehe), and got an iPod as a Christmas present. The DS still gets some playtime now, but I don't tote it around as much as I used to.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to, until I got a PS3. I actually ended up convincing my friend into getting an R4, too- and now there is a huge table of, well, "geeks" who play video games during our lunch. But it is fun! We used to be able to connect to the internet, but the school blocked all of our IPs...
It's funny, we actually usually have 2-3 DSes, an Eee PC, a PSP, and two iPod Touches there...
rofl2.gif
Plus we play with the Seniors before school sometimes. Pretty fun stuff.

calebh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably use wabbit ds next year. If you think about it, buying a ds+flashcard isn't any more expensive then a graphing calculator. Plus you get music, movies, games, and a whole bunch of random homebrew.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh yea... Your DS is now like an all around thing that does almost everything...

I remember someone requesting to create an application that makes spaghetti on DS xD

I use mine mainly for music just because I don't have an MP3 Player or iPod. Show my DS off to my friends when they see my watching a video or something... then I get them all jealous :3

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I brought mine to school to show my friends and now, my friends are paying me to get them one
tongue.gif

I usually only play it in the car when my mom goes to get groceries right after she picks me up from school. Sometimes, though, I can play it in Science because our teacher is oblivious to everything. Half of the people sleep, a quarter play games or listen to music on their iPods, and the other quarter actually pay attention.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was planning on buying them for my friends on their birthdays... I am wondering what to get them...?

An AceKard 2.1 or an EDGE. Or should I stick cheap and get them all R4DSs or DSTTs xDD

More onto AceKard 2.1s since I can help them in anyway... EDGE, not too sure.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I bring my DS lite w/3 flashcards to school everyday. I generally play it during my classes with cool teachers and during movies. My friends have had a crazy addiction to Wario Ware Touched lately. I prefer games like Super Collapse 3 and Club House games though, as well as random games that can be played with just the touch screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu