Do you make Music??

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guitar plonk sounds okay :) For some reason I liked Wasted Moments Left Behind (1) better than the second one. The sound was better somehow.
Lol thanks. Just me sitting on the living room floor abusing my $60 pawnshop guitar with a 3.0mm Stubby pick. I'm using the soundcloud app with my Note II as a mic (on the couch for the first and on the carpet on the second); pretty sure my pant leg muffled the second.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aand here is the finished product :P

Just, wow! I honestly suspected an arpeggiator at first, but the loose free-time proves otherwise. I'd love to hear the same piece on a baby grand with an overhead mike; your software is robbing you of your natural ability to produce organic dynamics. <MAJOR COMPLIMENT, btw.

Reactions: Felipe_9595

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I mess around with FL Studio every once in a while and try to make something, but it's hard to find instruments that fit together, and a tune that's not overly repetitive. Well practice makes perfect I guess.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
That is actually pretty damn good! Also kudos for having the best haircut in the band...long hair is fine, but long, long hair???
Thx! I joined quite recently. so I wasn't involved in the song's production, so right now I only reherse and perform it live with the band.

One of our guitarrists recently cut his hair and looks like any normal dude now. He had pretty damn sweet hair, so I think it's kinda sad. I mean, we're guys, not all of us can keep long hair for the bigger part of our lives. I say we should have long hair when it looks good (age 13+ -> 30/40). Some get bald quicker than others, some get higher hairline, and some get really thin hair. When that starts happening, you know the days of long hair is over.

I say the optimal length is somewhere above your ass and definatly below your shoulders. Sadly my hair needs trimming every now and then cuz of split ends. So I'll never get much further than mid of my back.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I say the optimal length is somewhere above your ass and definatly below your shoulders. Sadly my hair needs trimming every now and then cuz of split ends. So I'll never get much further than mid of my back.

Dunno, i favour the down to the chin length...beyond that i'm not so sure.

What sort of direction would you want to take the music in? (Also, Bandcamp page???PWYW downloads! :D)

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Different haircuts look good on different people aswell ofcourse :) Personally I don't really care what people look like when it comes to musicians. As long as they play, make and enjoy music.

As I didn't start the band nor have I made any songs for the band I don't take responsibility for such stuff as band page, etc. But I told the other guys they should definatly have bandcamp and similar shit.

I can't really decide what direction the music goes in. I could present something to the singer&basist (band creator) and he'll say he likes it or not. That's how the other songs are approved for Lethal, or atleast that's how our latest song was made. One of the guitarrists made two or three songs, and the singer liked one of them, and we've rehersed it, and it sounds great. :D
Right now, I feel I just haven't found the way to create proper guitars for thrash metal, so there will probably take time before I create songs for the band.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Elrinth Nice guitar and drums, didn't really hear the bass (what else is new) but I'm not too big on the vocals. The guitar's tone reminds me of Slayer. Drums could use some tweaking but I guess that's what you're in the band for :D
I've been trying to write some music lately, I'm very thrash inspired, but I've only recorded one little section of a song in progress, and I wouldn't quite call it thrash. http://snd.sc/11oUg44
I came up with the riffs first and then spent like fifteen minutes total composing and recording the drums, so it's very rough. Just the only thing I have recorded at the moment, well the only thing with guitar, drums, and bass.

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Elrinth Nice guitar and drums, didn't really hear the bass (what else is new) but I'm not too big on the vocals. The guitar's tone reminds me of Slayer. Drums could use some tweaking but I guess that's what you're in the band for :D
I've been trying to write some music lately, I'm very thrash inspired, but I've only recorded one little section of a song in progress, and I wouldn't quite call it thrash. http://snd.sc/11oUg44
I came up with the riffs first and then spent like fifteen minutes total composing and recording the drums, so it's very rough. Just the only thing I have recorded at the moment, well the only thing with guitar, drums, and bass.

I like it!! :D
I like hard stuff!! :rofl2:

Reactions: Lanlan

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it!! :D
I like hard stuff!! :rofl2:

Well that's good to hear! I've showed this to like three people, this is my first time releasing it into the wild. I'd love some constructive criticism. I know it could use some work, but it was just a quick take to get something recorded.

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that's good to hear! I've showed this to like three people, this is my first time releasing it into the wild. I'd love some constructive criticism. I know it could use some work, but it was just a quick take to get something recorded.

I am not one to critisise others, since I am a learner myself XD
I guess the only thing I can say is that the beats were off sometimes a few ticks.. but you said it was a quick recording so that's bound to happen, It still sounds awesome though !! :yay:

This was also a quick jam with me and a friend of mine, I am playing everything but the solo, I suck at solos ><;;
(this song isn't really hard though)
EDIT: oh yeah, u might hear some off beat stuff on that one ass well xD which was my point kinda

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.