Gaming do you still play your 3ds

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, of course, 3ds is one of the greatest handheld video game consoles ever made. I play it a lot, and also like to test homebrew programs. why else would I have 3 of them?
and if anybody says otherwise, fight me, because you're WRONG.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bought and sold in 2012. last time I ever be an early adopter for video games.

bought back in Oct 2017 to check out what I've missed. super happy I did.

although I will say that the PSP is superior in some cases- the 3DS is littered with JRPGs and misses on some critical action genres- where are the robots? where's the action games, While smash and the n64 remasters alone make it worth it, and some hidden gems like ever oasis and monster hunter are killer, compared the the PSP/DS the 3DS is missing that genre. DS had everything and great multi but wasn't quite powerful- the PSP had the awesome games but wasn't muti.

the system seller? pokemon? IMHO, 3DS mons were the worst generation being very boring and becoming generic JRPGs. however DS was the best and backwards compatibility is a saving grace most underestimate. Why buy a switch if the titles are so limited to new games and nothing VC when the power is there?

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just started up a playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D maybe a little more than a week ago. I generally don't "abandon" my game consoles; while specific consoles may go through a bit of a "dry spell" where I don't play them much/at all for weeks or even months, I do always come back to them. The only time I'll stop playing a console completely is when it breaks.

Taebot64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a 3DS but I want one for my birthday

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I had one back in 2012 but it broke.

Last edited by Taebot64,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used a 3ds in over a year.... Mostly because I sold it for rent money when I was unemployed.... Now I have a new one waiting at the post office for me to pickup today. Should be nice to finally play my Mario games again.

Reactions: souhukyafod

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Bought one last week

Best portable console ever. Endless list of games thanks to "emulation" and backwards compatible with NDS games.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely.

There's still a few new games coming out but most of the games that come out nowadays aren't for me anyway.

It reminds me of time when gaming meant more than 60 fps and "photoreleastic graphics" that age out in two years .

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently replayed Omega Ruby. It was like playing it new all over again since I've forgotten some of the changes and gym remodels.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I dusted it off like two days ago after months of lying there to play bloodstained curse of the moon, but now is there resting again. My ps4 and vita have me pretty busy even though I have a couple of games left to play on my new 3ds (metroid 2 remake, kirby robobot and lady layton).

Reactions: Condarkness_XY

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I forgot I have one. I've mostly moved to my vita, and the only reason I would start my 3ds again is if I was play pokemon or smash, but I've even stopped that. I don't have a switch yet, but I'm satisfied with my current consoles.

ch00se_username

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
of course i still play with it but also because games like terraria. and i don't wan't to start new if the switch then has the games too... that's why i'm still playing with my n3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...