NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hii. First let me tell you what i mean.
You know. Almost all gamer have that fancy gaming setup. A set of cool headphones and speakers.a webcam. Twitch/youtube streaming steam account and stuff like that.

But i only have a 3ds wii u gamecube and a high end laptop. I dont care about fps games,the pc master race/xbox ps4 thing.
I dont own a steam account. I hate online multiolayer. It pisses me off when i see games like CoD CS go or games like no man sky and mineceaft.

I am a nintendo fanboy. I just bought a pc for emulation. I like mario zelda and pokemon and shin megami and many other rpg action adventure games.

Does that make me a gamer still or do i need myself to buy a gaming chair a monitor and a desk for my laptop and some headphones for voice chat in order to be qualified as a gamer.?

Reactions: kragzy

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
A set of cool headphones and speakers.a webcam. Twitch/youtube streaming steam account and stuff like that.
i don't own any of that shit
ok i own a standard set of speakers and standard headphones... but meh

btw thoose are called "streamers" not gamers

Reactions: Scarlet

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that make me a gamer still or do i need myself to buy a gaming chair a monitor and a desk for my laptop and some headphones for voice chat in order to be qualified as a gamer.?

Are you silly ? I am a gamer and I dont have a gaming chair a monitor and a desk and etc. Thats not necessarily and I am playing the video games whenever I can because I want to spend time with my relatives, families, outgoing, exercise, and nature. Thats very important to me.

However, I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT A VIDEO GAMES!

I love video games so I will playing them from time to time. Does that mean I am not a gamer ? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Why ? Simple: I love video game and that does make me a GAMER! OF COURSE!!

Your question is very strange. To be honest with you.. That's stupid things I have ever hear of, LOL! If you are into video games then you are a gamer and that's good enough. Stop worrying and stop torture yourself. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: NoNAND

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hii. First let me tell you what i mean.
You know. Almost all gamer have that fancy gaming setup. A set of cool headphones and speakers.a webcam. Twitch/youtube streaming steam account and stuff like that.

But i only have a 3ds wii u gamecube and a high end laptop. I dont care about fps games,the pc master race/xbox ps4 thing.
I dont own a steam account. I hate online multiolayer. It pisses me off when i see games like CoD CS go or games like no man sky and mineceaft.

I am a nintendo fanboy. I just bought a pc for emulation. I like mario zelda and pokemon and shin megami and many other rpg action adventure games.

Simply put, I'd say that if you play games very often (in any fashion, on any console) then you are a gamer. If you play CoD and FIFA twice a week, you are probably not a gamer.

Reactions: lordkaos and NoNAND

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, I'd say that if you play games very often (in any fashion, on any console) then you are a gamer. If you play CoD and FIFA twice a week, you are probably not a gamer.

No. Play games very often is very bad things. Spend time with family, nature, and etc is very important part of your life and dont waste it. And the video games is always there for you when you have time. Silly.

Sorry, I disagree with you. Twice a week is very good enough and you are still a gamer, yes. None at all is not a gamer. Sorry again but I disagree with you. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Play games very often is very bad things to do. Spend time with family, nature, and etc because video games are always there for you when you have time. Silly.

Sorry, I disagree with you. Twice a week is very good enough and you are still a gamer, yes. None at all is not a gamer. Sorry again but I disagree with you. :)
No, no you are not. You are welcome to think whatever you wish, but that doesn't make you a gamer. I "appreciate" (sarcasm) your life advice, but this is a discussion as to what would qualify someone as a "gamer" and not just "someone who enjoys games." Playing games only twice a week is not often enough for me to consider anyone a "gamer." Using that title for yourself implies that it is your favorite hobby. If you spend the majority of your time doing other things, then you obviously don't enjoy games as much as you think you do.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, no you are not. You are welcome to think whatever you wish, but that doesn't make you a gamer. I "appreciate" (sarcasm) your life advice, but this is a discussion as to what would qualify someone as a "gamer" and not just "someone who enjoys games." Playing games only twice a week is not often enough for me to consider anyone a "gamer." Using that title for yourself implies that it is your favorite hobby. If you spend the majority of your time doing other things, then you obviously don't enjoy games as much as you think you do.
I said that i only like nintendo games. And i play them all day

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Of course you're a gamer. First of all: The majority doesn't have all that setup; only the streamers.
Second: the only requosite is to love playing games. Heck... You don't even need to play VIDEO games to qualify.

Look at it from another angle: you Don't need to play in the NBA or have fancy outfits to be a basketballer. The same thing applies here.
Sorry, friend, but you're just plain wrong. Amount of time spent was never a criterium, only how the actual playing is perceived.

Reactions: lordkaos

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, friend, but you're just plain wrong. Amount of time spent was never a criterium, only how the actual playing is perceived.
People can call themselves whatever they'd like, but I will never acknowledge someone who plays candy crush on the bus ride to work and nothing else, a "gamer."

Would you call someone who has only listened to Metallica, but no other metal bands, a "metal head?" Of course not. What if they listened to metal one day a week, but listened to other types of music the rest of the time? I'd still say no.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would you call someone who has only listened to Metallica, but no other metal bands, a "metal head?" Of course not. What if they listened to metal one day a week, but listened to other types of music the rest of the time? I'd still say no.
Metal has nothing to do with it. Whether you or me like it or not, the definition of a gamer is "someone who plays games and likes it". Candy crush is a game, ergo someone who likes to play it is a gamer. It's really that simple.
I get your angle: you only want to recognize people as gamers when you can identify yourself to some degree with them, based on a certain subset of the genre (like what metal is to all music). Unfortunately, that won't work because we can't deny mobile games being games.
Luckily, there is a term for what you mean: hardcore gamers.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok. My opinion and your opinion. Thats all. No argument. End of it, thanks. :)

I said that i only like nintendo games. And i play them all day

That's MadMageKefka's opinion. You are doing fine, you are a gamer. BE PROUD!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can call themselves whatever they'd like, but I will never acknowledge someone who plays candy crush on the bus ride to work and nothing else, a "gamer."

Hey.. that's your opinion. Dont push them or me. We see the differently so respect ours and we respect yours. Whatever you think is your opinion and not a fact. That's not our fact either so please respect our opinions. No argument, alright ? Listen, share and thats all. Thanks.

Of course you're a gamer. First of all: The majority doesn't have all that setup; only the streamers.
Second: the only requosite is to love playing games. Heck... You don't even need to play VIDEO games to qualify.

Look at it from another angle: you Don't need to play in the NBA or have fancy outfits to be a basketballer. The same thing applies here.

Nothing to be wrong about.. Thats just his opinion. :D

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to me it's always been the same question as: is your primary hobby playing videogames? if so, then yes you are "one that games", eg. "gamer"

I do disagree that anybody that plays games on a regular basis is a gamer. My wife often plays with me, sometimes without (mainly Mario) but I'd never consider her a gamer because she's not interested in the culture and/or art of videogames, or on finding new games, etc. To her it's just an occasional past-time to share with family.

But more specifically to the point: if you're posting on this website, then you must be a gamer!

Reactions: DeoNaught

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here are my laptop's specs:

Lenovo Thinkpad L412
Intel Core i5 M520
4.00 GB RAM (upgradable)0
Intel HD Graphics :ohnoes::cry: (I'm planning to set up a Mini Pci-e to connect a graphics card then display it to a TV using an HDMI)

Not good for gaming but surprisingly good at Photoshop and general work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop