Gaming Do you think Mario Odyssey will be difficult?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be hyped about Mario Odyssey, I really do. But some things about it are holding me back. To start off, Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite game of all time, hands down. Nintendo is saying Odyssey will be like Sunshine, but from the trailers and gameplay I've seen, it doesn't seem it. It looks a lot more childish and it looks kind of easy. I also hate how they added real people to it instead of Mario characters, how it always was. I know we haven't gotten the game yet, but should I be worried about this? Videogames have gotten so much easier over the years, it's not even difficult for me to beat any games from big devs like Nintendo, Ubisoft, Rockstar, or EA. I want Odyssey to bring a challenge and I want to have fun playing it, which doesn't happen much with new games.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy to reach and beat the last boss. Difficult to 100% the game.
This. I've played the demo of the game and as far as just beating it, it shouldn't be a challenge. But if your going to do all the optional platforming and look for all the moons and coins, it's going to be hard.

For example,
i watched a video on YouTube and one of the moons in the sand kingdom is located underneath the temple surrounded by quicksand. The hole to get into it is extremely small and really hard to see.

Last edited by rileysrjay,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Their games used to be a little more difficult than they are now.
Nowadays the difficult shit is in the stuff that unlocks after you beat it. Take Kirby for example - everyone knows/thinks Kirby games are easy, until you reach the True Arena. Or the final challenges in Galaxy 2 and 3D World.

Reactions: orangy57

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it didnt look very challenging from the few gameplay clips, the game is designed for kids to play so I don't see why anyone was expecting like hard mode or something
I'm sure if you die 3 times the level will play its self for you

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you nuts? This is Mario, not a drinking game.
Don't underestimate the possibility of making anything a drinking, and how difficult such a game is.
Just gulp down one shot of Vodka every time Mario jumps and let me know when you complete the game.

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are Nintendo known for making difficult games? :unsure:

Nintendo hard

latest

Last edited by PaBo,

PaBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But Contra is from Konami, Ninja Gaiden from Tecmo, and Battletoads from RARE.
(you could say Nintendo made the asshole SMB 2, but they didn't even release it in the West)

well then - just to name modern ones - "trial of the sword", 1st place in every mirror cup in mario kart, arms hardest difficulty, fzero gx challenges

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be hyped about Mario Odyssey, I really do. But some things about it are holding me back. To start off, Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite game of all time, hands down. Nintendo is saying Odyssey will be like Sunshine, but from the trailers and gameplay I've seen, it doesn't seem it. It looks a lot more childish and it looks kind of easy. I also hate how they added real people to it instead of Mario characters, how it always was. I know we haven't gotten the game yet, but should I be worried about this? Videogames have gotten so much easier over the years, it's not even difficult for me to beat any games from big devs like Nintendo, Ubisoft, Rockstar, or EA. I want Odyssey to bring a challenge and I want to have fun playing it, which doesn't happen much with new games.
from what i have seen its going to be very easy most likely even easier than the galaxy game and we all know how easy those are

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [wakes up, gets a woodie I didn't want, runs up to K3Nv2 and has Cex with him]... +1