Do you use an Antivirus for your PC and/or Phone?

Do you use an Antivirus for your PC and/or Phone?

• Yes, but only for my PC.

Votes: 34 33.0%
  • Yes but only for my Phone.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yes for both.

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • No for both

Votes: 52 50.5%

• Total voters

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
an FYI... a lot of android devices also have AV's built into them. My Huawei tablet uses Avast in the Tablet Manager apk, and 'Device Care' (under 'Settings") on my Samsung Galaxy uses McAfee.
...obviously they only run when you run the app, but they're still there by default.

chopaxepiece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
None, I havn't ran any AV software for years. I know where i download anything from and i know its all good...99.9% of not getting a virus is common sense really

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
an FYI... a lot of android devices also have AV's built into them. My Huawei tablet uses Avast in the Tablet Manager apk, and 'Device Care' (under 'Settings") on my Samsung Galaxy uses McAfee.
...obviously they only run when you run the app, but they're still there by default.

Technically, Play Protect is also kind of an antivirus. It hashes APKs, and checks against google for potentially "malicious" applications.

Though, it's far more likely to bitch at you for having root-mode tools installed like SELinux mode changers or other useful things (read: :)) than anything malicious. They might as well call it an antiuserfreedomscanner.

Reactions: Ryccardo

thewannacryguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don't bother with an antivirus these days. I run Linux and don't execute questionable files. Phones and game consoles don't need an antivirus because everything is locked down. They're designed to even be invulnerable to evil maid attacks, though only the Xbox One X actually managed to succeed here.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That and Ares.
Ah... nostalgia!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unless I decide to watch Naughty things on my lap, I think I'll pass.
I really don't need one right now.
But thanks for the offer.

You don't need an antivirus for web browsing though. NoScript + uBlock Origin and some common sense (like not opening sketchy emails) will keep you quite safe.

strawpoll-legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my Arch Linux PC, I don't use an antivirus, but on my Windows 8 PC*, I use Avast. However, I don't have it on at all times, I just have it installed for periodic checks and on-demand file checks.

*Don't worry, I use Classic Shell.

D

Deleted User

i used to run avast but it would slow down everything and be rarely needed, most times i got viruses was when downloading pirated software anyways and i've greatly reduced my need for that, the main thing that made me uninstall avast was that when i actually needed it it didnt work, it required a full windows 10 reinstall to get rid of 6+ viruses i got when i downloaded pirated nero, i let windows defender enabled now, but it's only so it doesnt give me notifications all the time saying i dont have it enabled, most of the times it detects kms pico as a virus and i have to say it is not. as for my phone, its a waste of space and system resources, of course not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1