Do you use the 3D effect?

wiziloo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
On my New 3DS yes, always, i love it. The active parallax barrier with face tracking works fantastic.
On the old 3DS i never used is, it was a horrible experience.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the original 3DS I never had it on as it would give me huge headaches and nausea. With the New 3DS that had Eye Tracking I did use it as it would no longer give me motion sickness issues although after awhile I sold it for the New 2DS XL as I didn't find it useful anymore.

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I never suffered from any health related issues from using the 3D effect. The effect was too unstable in the old 3DS so I kept it off to avoid seeing double. With the new 3DS the effect works very well and I keep it on all the time. Most games look better with it but don't really need it. AFAIK only Super Mario 3D Land really takes advantage of it.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on the game. On some games like OOT and Mario 3D Land it really adds to the game. On my original 3DS I find it works well and tend to use it more. On my XL (o3ds) the effect looks more blurry in areas and it’s hard to find the sweet spot, so I use it less.

Reactions: Aluiscard

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Always, unless it's detrimental for the experience like with Dead or Alive Dimensions and Street Fighter IV

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always, unless it's detrimental for the experience like with Dead or Alive Dimensions and Street Fighter IV
I never found it detrimental on those titles (well... maybe on my o3ds), plus they look great in 3d!
Besides, I've got far better ways of playing SFIV and (what is essentially) DOA4 if I need a more 'authentic' experience.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I never found it detrimental on those titles (well... maybe on my o3ds), plus they look great in 3d!
But it is. 3D enabled halves framerate in half.

Smash and Tekken 3D are the only fighting games on 3DS that keep framerate at 60 fps with 3D enabled.

xsdfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
nope, in a lot of games i actually have it disabled for higher fps (ex. the monster hunter games).

ArtisanHyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a fun idea in Dream Team and Super Mario 3D Land where I sort of felt like it was required. But like those titles, there's always a workaround for the gameplay. I never used it unless it was a Nintendo Video or I was looking at my menu icons for the first time.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
3D is always on for me, I love how the games look on it. Sometimes I get so inmmersed with the effect that makes me think that the N3DS XL screen is actually bigger than it really is, or something like that lol.

In my opinion, if you don't use the 3D, then it's pointless to buy a 3DS... just go for the 2DS.

Same applies to Switch, I don't see the point people buying the original hardware for example if you are only going portable, buy the Switch Lite in that case.

No using the 3D in the 3DS is like not using the undocked/docked modes on Switch (although I understand that some people may have headaches with the 3D effect, I had that the first time I used it, but after that I never experienced it again)

For me, what sells me on Nintendo hardware is what it brings to the table.

Wii was motion controls, Wii U was a dual-screen experiencie in the home, Switch is a Hybrid machine that I can use however I like, 3DS the DS experiencie but with 3D and a few more stuff... and yeah, of course, games play a factor as well.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it is. 3D enabled halves framerate in half.

Smash and Tekken 3D are the only fighting games on 3DS that keep framerate at 60 fps with 3D enabled.
True... although it could still be considered 60fps as each eye is getting 30 unique frames per second :P ...almost like interlaced versus progressive.

When DoA Dimensions had an active online community I found online matches actually ran smoother with the 3d turned on.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
True... although it could still be considered 60fps as each eye is getting 30 unique frames per second :P ...almost like interlaced versus progressive.

When DoA Dimensions had an active online community I found online matches actually ran smoother with the 3d turned on.
lol man, the feels, i remember having those debates to justify the framerate halving in some forums. Shit was wild.

Yeah, the online thing is like the PAL SNES games from Konami having less slowdowns than their NTSCs counterparts. It was a happy accident, i always played online with 3D enabled because of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxoT_tIfQM