Does anyone know why this website always launches SteamVR now?

orangy57

bruh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a vr headset on my computer, and since this morning steamvr feels like opening whenever i go onto GBATemp. This used to happen with stuff like WebMD's website since it had some sort of VR support, but why here? Does anyone know how to stop steamVR from starting up on here?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can disable VR entirely for your browser on the flags/config page. For Firefox it's on about:config, and then dom.openvr.enabled should be set to disabled.

For chrome it's chrome://flags IIRC, and should be a similar option (you can just search VR, it'll be a similar "open VR" option).

This should just disable SteamVR from opening automatically, but still allow WebVR stuff to open on prompt.

Reactions: orangy57

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can disable VR entirely for your browser on the flags/config page. For Firefox it's on about:config, and then dom.openvr.enabled should be set to disabled.

For chrome it's chrome://flags IIRC, and should be a similar option (you can just search VR, it'll be a similar "open VR" option).

This should just disable SteamVR from opening automatically, but still allow WebVR stuff to open on prompt.
For Firefox its "dom.vr.openvr.enabled" not the one you stated (Extra .vr.)

That aside, does anyone (Like an admin perhaps?) have any idea why this happens? It started happening yesterday (I've had my headset for a month now, nothing til today) and it honestly drove me nuts. I have now fixed it through that option but I'd rather not have to resort to advanced options and am legitimately curious why this happens in the first place.

An EDIT: This fix didn't even work at all, SteamVR and its obnoxious self still shows up whenever I use this website. Tried reloading Firefox a few times and even trying some other vaguely related about:config keys.
Yippee for obscure issues of unknown origin.

A second EDIT: We're looking for "dom.vr.enabled". Yay for obscure similar config names??

Last edited by Seriel,
Reactions: orangy57

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Have you tried running adblock to see if that helps? Maybe it's a dodgy ad that's hijacking the VR for whatever reason?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1