Does anyone on the temp miss the old Cartoon Network???

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I grew up with those cartoons as well and I do miss them, but now as a ''big boy'' I'm more inclined to Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, South park etc etc.

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dude,

kids nextdoor nad courage the cowardly dog still come on evryday on CN

Pokemon, johnny bravo, scooby doo, teen titans, powerpuff girls, samurai jack, foster's home, COME ON BOOMERANG EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

Ok. I just checked the TV guide and it appears that they are there! Thanks! (I originally thought Boomerang would take a dip in it's programming, too, but, on the TV Guide I used at Foxtel, and it appears the shows you mentioned that are apparently on CN still are on Boomerang here in Australia! (Click on Genre and pick Kids & Family and you'll be able to see it, for some reason, the Foxtel site just works like that!) Although, I originally thought that since you come from Canada and I'm not, that we'd have slightly different programming on our respective Turner Broadcasting System networks!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt read thread, but let me post this first.
There is the internet. There are ways of watching your old cartoons if you miss them.
Now to read OP's post and quote it.
I sure do! And I remember plenty of old shows on CN that were really good like Johnny Bravo, Scooby Doo, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Embarrassed to admit it but, I like AmiYumi!), Codename: Kids Next Door, PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, and tonnes of others!!!!

Whereas CN now seems to be just as we all already know, Regular Show (One of the ONLY new shows I like), Adventure Time, The "Amazing" World of Gumball and Total Drama (The only other new show I like) and I was just wondering if anyone else on the temp miss the old CN and if there were any shows you liked!

RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2011

• Samurai Jack
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • The PowerPuff Girls
  • Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
  • Teen Titans
  • Scooby Doo
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Codename: Kids Next Door
  • Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Pokemon (ALL of IT!!!)
  • Naruto
  • Cartoon City (Not really A cartoon but, cool bumper!)
  • Xiaolin Showdown
I would think of more but, I'm starting to get a headache trying to remember everything!
They still play Pokemon and Naruto(saturdays at like midnight. better off watching it online on narutoget.com or something).
I think if you have xfinity ondemand or something, you could watch the episodes that are archived(or at least a few at a time).
Or look on google -show you want to watch- full episodes online, and usually the first link is what I use to watch that show.

<link to streaming sites NOT allowed>

Pretty sure you know this, so.....
:bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz::bortz:

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. I just checked the TV guide and it appears that they are there! Thanks! (I originally thought Boomerang would take a dip in it's programming, too, but, on the TV Guide I used at Foxtel, and it appears the shows you mentioned that are apparently on CN still are on Boomerang here in Australia! (Click on Genre and pick Kids & Family and you'll be able to see it, for some reason, the Foxtel site just works like that!) Although, I originally thought that since you come from Canada and I'm not, that we'd have slightly different programming on our respective Turner Broadcasting System networks!

Oh, actually I have amreican tv programming, and anyways for your signature, the gateway plays 3ds roms :)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason i hate the new CN is cause Toonami isn't on at a decent time i know why but who doesn't miss the Original Dragonball Z (Kai is shit) if Toonami was back a 5pm Pokemon the Origin (if ever dubbed and is an actual series) would fit nicely into toonami

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason i hate the new CN is cause Toonami isn't on at a decent time i know why but who doesn't miss the Original Dragonball Z (Kai is shit) if Toonami was back a 5pm Pokemon the Origin (if ever dubbed and is an actual series) would fit nicely into toonami

There's a new Dragonball Z? Huh, that's probably why I've never heard of it.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, pretty much agree with most of the ones you said, (Though not AmiYumi... ;) )
Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Xiaolin Showdown, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, Cow + Chicken, I AM Weasel, Kids Next Door, Fosters home for imaginary friends, dont like saying it, but also Powerpuff Girls. Watched all of them as a kid and still have fond memories of them all.
I also have to give a shout out to Rocko's Modern Life on nickelodeon! Invader Zim and ...the name escapes me, but the one with the two beavers... Used to watch Yu-Gi-Oh on it too, but I dont really see that as such an iconic series as others I've listed, but still worth a mention...

Used to watch Toonami a lot too for stuff like DBZ!!

I vaguely remember Cartoon Network showing Naruto too, but didnt think much of the time and never watched it. Both sad and glad I didnt watch it then in a way. One because Naruto is one of my favourite things atm now, and two, well, as a Kid I dont think I would have appreciated it as much as I do now, quite a lot of themes that probably would have escaped me backed then. Suprised Cartoon Network even airred it, seeing that there was blood in it and I think even swearing in some episodes... I suppose it wasnt for long though

shoyrumaster11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Used to watch Toonami a lot too for stuff like DBZ!!

I vaguely remember Cartoon Network showing Naruto too, but didnt think much of the time and never watched it. Both sad and glad I didnt watch it then in a way. One because Naruto is one of my favourite things atm now, and two, well, as a Kid I dont think I would have appreciated it as much as I do now, quite a lot of themes that probably would have escaped me backed then. Suprised Cartoon Network even airred it, seeing that there was blood in it and I think even swearing in some episodes... I suppose it wasnt for long though

Yeah! Although, I've been told that Cartoon Network's airings of Naruto and other anime's are censored, but, if your'e lucky, you should have Adult Swim and that may contain Toonami... This version of Toonami may also be uncensored if you want to see your favorites made how they were originally intended! (Not how the Americans usually does Anime!)

EDIT: I don't mind the fact that some Anime's are censored but, I know that there are fans that do!

EDIT 2: Cartoon Network also seemed to do pretty well at preventing me from channel surfing out of boredom! Although, I only really felt like channel surfing back when I thought I didn't like something that I like now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1