Does it embarass you to play your DS in public?

Does it embarass you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I dunno about you guys, but in my school, there's barely any people that play their DS in public because they get made fun of :\ I think the DS (maybe Nintendo as a whole) is seen as kiddie-ish, unlike the PSP, which I guess is seen as for a more mature audience. What do you guys think?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have no problem with it. Most days me and some friends can be found in the park at lunchtime playing some multiplayer. Sometimes on the bus, too.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
No, because I don't. I know better than to risk that.
frown.gif

Though if in public includes "at school" then no, I don't really feel bad about playing my DS in school.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
absolutely not
What he said.

I mean, it is a portable console right, so i play it wherever i can xD And most of the time people actually get interested in what it is i'm playing or doing with it etc.etc. (my coworker just bought a ds lite with an r4 just cuz she liked it when she tried it out once xD

Here's some words of wisedom: If you don't care, then others won't either.

Edit:
Oh and nintendo beeing "kid-ish" is total bull. Could explain myself but don't think i have to
tongue.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I usually take my DS most places but when I am in public I usally do not have a need to break it out but I will if need be. I have used my DS to keep a grocery list before as well as using it as a calculator to see how much I am spending before getting to the checkout.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Absolutely no problem with it. I also play with my Micro in public a lot, and people look at it with awe
tongue.gif

It's nice to see that almost nobody knows the poor Micro
frown.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, but if I do, I might get mugged then killed, the people who play PSPs in public here(And there are a zetta lot!) are total douches though.

Screw people who say it's kiddy(Patapon and LocoRoco are kiddy dammit, and they're one of the better PSP games), I'll slap my DS(well, okay, maybe not) with a 5-star game running in their faces! It's not all about 'mature' shit and graphics, it's all about the gameplay! (and Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia
tongue.gif
)

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
War said:
I dunno about you guys, but in my school, there's barely any people that play their DS in public because they get made fun of :\ I think the DS (maybe Nintendo as a whole) is seen as kiddie-ish, unlike the PSP, which I guess is seen as for a more mature audience. What do you guys think?

People who laugh can go fuck themselves for all I care. Then again you are in school and most people in school are immature douche bags anyway. I've never had a problem with playing with my DS in public, although I wouldn't really talk to my DS in public though
tongue.gif
That is a little weird to do, I mean, even people with their mobile phones don't hold it in front of them to talk
tongue.gif

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's wierd to play games in public -.-
You go out in public to hang with friends or shopping...Games is either a ride entertainment or home entertainment, not outside. You are pretty anti- social if you have the need/desire to play the DS everywhere...

wzeroc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nope. So what if i'm playing with NDS? It's not as if I'm bullying someone, anyway...

That aside, anyone who laughs at people playing NDS are actually jealous of you, you know. They can't get to play with it for various reasons, so they laugh at it. Pity them...
biggrin.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DS is way too popular to be embarrassing! i play it everywhere. And whenever i take public transport (almost every day) there's other people playing around me too
happy.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I lost the ability to be embarassed a long time ago! I use my DS at the bus stop and on the bus most days. Admittedly I don't speak into it as I don't really play those games. Plus, the way I look it'd take a brave person to laugh or take the piss!
wink.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
I lost the ability to be embarassed a long time ago! I use my DS at the bus stop and on the bus most days. Admittedly I don't speak into it as I don't really play those games. Plus, the way I look it'd take a brave person to laugh or take the piss!
wink.gif
understatement of the year. hell even i would be too scared to laugh at you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1