Does it embarass you to play your DS in public?

Does it embarass you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
kevenka said:
only a moron flaunts his flashcart out in public. You are suppose to keep this on the low so people will still buy products to help game developers you jackass.

And Why does wanting every to think you're a super H4X0R Qualify you for the following term?

QUOTEmoron |?môr?än|
noun informal
a Mentally unbalanced person.
DERIVATIVES
moronic |m??ränik; mô-| |m??r?n?k| |m??r?n?k| |m??r?n?k| adjective
moronically |m??ränik(?)l?; mô-| |m??r?n?k(?)li| |m??r?n?k(?)li| |m??r?n?k(?)li| adverb
ORIGIN early 20th cent. (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12): from Greek m?ron, neuter of m?ros ‘foolish.’

Yeah, we all appreciate it when all the kids are like "Holy cow, mister, You get all your games for free? where can I get one of those?"

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I remember a guy was bragging about "hacking his PSP to the extreme and making it look like the Xbox 360's dashboard". He was claiming he created the "hack". (CXMB + P360 theme)

rofl2.gif
omg that is hilarious, made my day

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kevenka said:
only a moron flaunts his flashcart out in public. You are suppose to keep this on the low so people will still buy products to help game developers you jackass.
RITE! cuz the people i interact with on a daily basis have the economic influence/numbers to influence a multi-billion dollar industry?

who's the moron now, jackass?

besides, i like showin off that i'm a 1337 HAXOR. got a problem with that?

Boneman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I live in Tokyo. Everyone from kids to older men and women plays DS's in public here. Its not cool or uncool its just something to enjoy. Feels much better than the stigma associated with video games I felt back in Australia
yaynds.gif

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's actually pretty weird now these days,here's my story,I play my DS publicly at college and people consider it as immature,not from my part, from the fact that it's a kids stuff...especially nintendo and most of'em are people who don't really know the history of videogames, back in the days nintendo released almost evreything(Nintendo,Super Nintendo,Nintendo 64) it actually released the first handheld console ever built,the gameboy made such impact that you even looked cool by having a gameboy, now....its changed, now it's all profits and marketing and...the games just lost their true objective,have some fun, now you see all those pretty good ass graphics and violence that doesn't even make any sense, but there still games that really make their mark at originality and nintendo need to re-think it that way(animal crossing Wild World), when people look at you playing DS and think it's kiddy about playing DS it's because they have a certain kind of idea that the Xbox and playstation are faster and stronger(in terms of hardware)but not the games, so i've concluded that people who laughs at others playing DS in public,it's because they don't have the innitive to imagine, or simply because they dont know Nintendo games,so you have the right to laugh at them because you just met a FUCKING IGNORANT BASTARD.

and when you know the games and when you know what's the true meaning of fun and imagination,you my friend,you are the true hardcore gamer.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
dryo said:
it's actually pretty weird now these days,here's my story,I play my DS publicly at college and people consider it as immature,not from my part, from the fact that it's a kids stuff...especially nintendo and most of'em are people who don't really know the history of videogames, back in the days nintendo released almost evreything(Nintendo,Super Nintendo,Nintendo 64) it actually released the first handheld console ever built,the gameboy made such impact that you even looked cool by having a gameboy, now....its changed, now it's all profits and marketing and...the games just lost their true objective,have some fun, now you see all those pretty good ass graphics and violence that doesn't even make any sense, but there still games that really make their mark at originality and nintendo need to re-think it that way(animal crossing Wild World), when people look at you playing DS and think it's kiddy about playing DS it's because they have a certain kind of idea that the Xbox and playstation are faster and stronger(in terms of hardware)but not the games, so i've concluded that people who laughs at others playing DS in public,it's because they don't have the innitive to imagine, or simply because they dont know Nintendo games,so you have the right to laugh at them because you just met a FUCKING IGNORANT BASTARD.

and when you know the games and when you know what's the true meaning of fun and imagination,you my friend,you are the true hardcore gamer.
+1
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
dryo said:

Just tell them you're playing Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and that you just crushed a giant zombie crab with an elevator. They'll instantly think it's hardcore then rush out and buy it.

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most people I see playing video games in public are generally social rejects, I'd rather not associate myself with them.

Although, their inability to dress themselves or hold conversation about anything other than video games may also be a factor in this.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
First off, being 33, I play my DS in public often. Usually while riding on the buses, it really helps deal with the lengthy rides. I even pull it out on breaks and lunches at work. I feel zero shame playing it. We even have a city-funded square that is becoming popular every passing day with a GameStop, Starbucks, book store, etc. that has free Wi-Fi. However, bring a PSP out there, and man does the razzing begin.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Once i played my psp on the bus, and guess what. The seat beside me was empty and a bunch of 10 year olds (looks like it) crowded around me and went "Do you have Grand Theft Auto?" or "OMG YOU HAVE A PSP!!!COME LOOK GUYS!!!" OR "Can i play pleeeaaaaase!!!".....OMG that was embarrasing...

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, I'm not embarrassed ever.

Although, I live in Japan. A place where strangers don't talk to each other, and where during my morning commute there are never fewer than three other video game systems being played in my train car.

Today a guy standing next to me was playing his GBA Pokemon Ruby game on his DS Lite. He didn't care, evidently.

It's kind of refreshing to see people not care about stuff that shouldn't be embarrassing in the first place, and to also see no one bother them about it.

The people that WOULD say/do something about someone else playing video games in public really need to find something better to do with their time/energy.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
i do admit i love playing my ds in public but for some reason while i'm playing i always expect someone to ask me why i'm playing with my son(s) console
unsure.gif

this is part of the reason why i got a pink crystal shell for it
rofl2.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes just pop into my local pub when my mate's at work and sit and play at the end of the bar. Makes me look super cool
cool.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I play my PSP in public, because it looks more manly. I play DJ Max especially to get that "Wow..." factor.
At the time, I used to play Pokemon on my DS a lot. I would get challenged by small Elementary/Middle School kids and beat them. Then the smaller kids would whine to their moms and I would get scolded by them for "being to old".

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha....i like to play dj max on my psp outside too...what if you play pokemon ranger in public? People would stare at you when you circle madly on your ds
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ