Homebrew Does samsung t5 250gb work on modded wii??

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a samsung t5 250gb and am planning to mod a wii, will it work for usbloadergx??
Maybe. The question is why would you need that much space on the sd card? If your aim is to load/play games from it, then i'd suggest getting an external hdd instead, and you could go up to 2tb (or more).

Figgy2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. The question is why would you need that much space on the sd card? If your aim is to load/play games from it, then i'd suggest getting an external hdd instead, and you could go up to 2tb (or more).
I have a few 1 & 2 tb t5 Samsung ssd’s so space is out of the question I have the usb-c to usb 2.0 that the drive came with, I’m just wondering if it’s plug and play with usb loader in a modded Wii?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a few 1 & 2 tb t5 Samsung ssd’s so space is out of the question I have the usb-c to usb 2.0 that the drive came with, I’m just wondering if it’s plug and play with usb loader in a modded Wii?
CoolMe was confused and thought you were talking about an SD card and not an SSD. Simple mistake to make.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i misread your post.
About the usb c to usb, the ssd enclosure has usb c and you'll hook it with usb? It could work, try it if you have it on hand. Though i think an enclosure with standard usb ports would be better.
Also, like mentioned, you won't get any ssd benefits here (bottleneck)..

Figgy2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSDs work, but it's a waste. You won't benefit from the increased speed, and 250 GB is not really that much space for Wii games. 1 TB external HDDs are dirt cheap.
i know that the loading is the same but the ssd is more stable than a hdd, i remember my family lost some important stuff to a hdd dying, and i don't wanna lose anything in 3-5 years with ssd it last's longer for about 10 years and is more reliable

Reactions: impeeza

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As long as you can use 2 USB ports to power it on, it will work. Nintendo is cheap when it comes to supplying current on USB ports.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For my, using the SSD guves me the enhancement of quick startup so the disk is always ready for wiiflow, I config wiiflow for be loaded by priiloader and rotor hard drives often was so slow on start-up what wiiflow abort the loading. Whit SSD never happened again

Figgy2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my, using the SSD guves me the enhancement of quick startup so the disk is always ready for wiiflow, I config wiiflow for be loaded by priiloader and rotor hard drives often was so slow on start-up what wiiflow abort the loading. Whit SSD never happened again
As long as you can use 2 USB ports to power it on, it will work. Nintendo is cheap when it comes to supplying current on USB ports.
so I can‘t use my usb c to 2.0 cable that came with it, how do I do that??

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There are USB power standards.
A device may draw a maximum of 500 mA (0.5A) from a USB 2.0 port.
If the USB 2.0 port doesn't supply more, it's not the cheapness of the port/system/device/manufacturer, it's just the correct adherence to the standard.
I know it's hard to understand and accept this, but that's the way it is. That's why it's called the standard.

About those Samsung MU-PA250B SSDs:
In the user manual, the manufacturer rated it as 5V 0.8A. This is more than 0.5A that one USB 2.0 port can supply.
You may need to take additional power from the second port. Special Y-shaped cables (in your case it will be single USB-C male connector for device and two USB-A male connectors on other side: one is for USB power and data, another one for USB power only) are designed for this.
Edit: USB-A Female to Dual USB-A Male Y-cable option is also suitable for this

Edit: also from the same user manual:
"Some PCs may not recognize the T5 when connected to the USB 2.0 port if the current exceeds the maximum limit (500 mA) described in the Power Specifications."
After reading this note, I would definitely choose and order a Y-cable for T5.

Attachments

• 0148ac7e.jpg
    0148ac7e.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 19
  • c028998e.jpg
    c028998e.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ba22853447012.jpg
    ba22853447012.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by r1vver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran