Doing one for the science team and sending my hacked switch for repair to nintendo.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I dont think it would count under that because the modchips for unpatched units just send data via usb youre not circumventing anything
lol do you really think Nintendo after opening a switch and seeing a modchip would say "oh this is okay!"? They'd at the least say they found a problem and send you a patched unit

Reactions: impeeza

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The title explains itself, i recently homebrewed my switch with atmosphere and i didnt get very far as i had this SD card issue... so what do you think i did?
THATS RIGHT, MAILED MY SWITCH TO NINTENDO REPAIR CENTRE. before i mailed it off to them i deleted any apps i had on the home menu, wiped the sd card and took it out, in all honesty i did this just out of sheer curiosity,
Now one thing i was worried about was that they will replace the system entirely, so i wrote on everything: DONT REPLACE THE SYSTEM OR WIPE THE MEMORY.
i highly doubt this will go anywhere but I'm super curious to how this gonna end.
i will update everyone on this in the next few weeks.
So how did it end ? Or you in jail?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I know someone who was in the Nintendo Ninja's sights (for selling and installing SX Cores) who sent in a Switch for repair. They called him up and said "We know who you are and what you do. If you want this console repaired you're going to have to pay". He paid and they repaired it despite who he was. He says he was terrified but nothing actually came of it. I know tons of sellers / installers who got C&Ds but that guy somehow got away with it. I don't recall if that specific Switch had been modded but knowing him it likely had been. So if they know that you've modded (or at least hard modded) your console they'll likely repair it for a price.

Also FWIW it's well documented that if you send in a Fusee capable Switch they will send you back a patched V1 or a refurbished V2. Not worth it IMO since you can sell unpatched consoles for more than the cost of a new V2.

Edit:
So how did it end ? Or you in jail?
Op updated us here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-outcome-to-mailing-your-hacked-switch-to-nintendo-repairs.619479/
Similar thing happened to him.

Reactions: vinnyy and Satangel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol