MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So without reading 34 pages of thread, is there any updated version that has the music working, and maybe fix the crash at the 2nd level's exit room? I can only play Doom II because of the crash.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So without reading 34 pages of thread, is there any updated version that has the music working, and maybe fix the crash at the 2nd level's exit room? I can only play Doom II because of the crash.
Are you using the version from this thread or the version that comes with the homebrew menu starter kit? The version from this thread supports music the other one does not. First post has a link.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the version from this thread or the version that comes with the homebrew menu starter kit? The version from this thread supports music the other one does not. First post has a link.
Thank you, I wasn't aware new builds were out.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version that comes with the starter kit is actually a different port by wintermute.
Stupid of me to ask, but is the latest release (0.2) the latest stable version everyone should be using at this point? Or is there a better build in the middle of this thread? I'm not even sure what version I'm currently on anymore. Really glad the project is still being looked at and not completely forgotten. I love playing Doom every now and then. The controls are perfect on the 3DS, with L and R being strafe, circle pad for looking around and moving forward, Y to shoot, B to open doors, X to run.

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid of me to ask, but is the latest release (0.2) the latest stable version everyone should be using at this point? Or is there a better build in the middle of this thread? I'm not even sure what version I'm currently on anymore. Really glad the project is still being looked at and not completely forgotten. I love playing Doom every now and then. The controls are perfect on the 3DS, with L and R being strafe, circle pad for looking around and moving forward, Y to shoot, B to open doors, X to run.
That is the latest build. There have been a few "builds" release by others but I am not sure they contained any code changes. So nothing would run better or worse as far as I know - though there have been claims to that effect.

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running the CIA version of the latest build as modified by democracy a few pages back; my wad files are on SD:/ but the engine keeps returning "prboom.wad not found - cannot continue" which ends up locking my system up until I do a full power off. I've had this working before so I know I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

Last edited by pokota,

elhobbs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running the CIA version of the latest build as modified by democracy a few pages back; my wad files are on SD:/ but the engine keeps returning "prboom.wad not found - cannot continue" which ends up locking my system up until I do a full power off. I've had this working before so I know I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.
Well... is prboom.wad also in the root of your sd card?

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. No it is not. I've been poking around trying to find it but for some reason I can't. I don't remember needing one previously but it could just be a case of my memory being faulty.

E: Major case of PEBKAC here. I've got it working now.

Last edited by pokota,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried the latest alpha 2 and I'm still getting crashes randomly on the second level of Doom 1
If there's a way to debug the issue, just let me know.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump.

I have DOOM 2 on the root of my SD card (named "DOOM2.WAD") yet it doesn't find my WAD ?

Help ?
Is the prboom.wad in the same folder as the doom2.wad? Because if not, that's where it needs to be. After doing that, Doom works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1