Visit site
XP
Country
Ryupower said:
is the game a full MMO
OR
a game's online be like White Knight Chronicles
where you can go online and do quests
It's not a full MMO, you can beat the game without ever playing online.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's not like you're forced to play this game, go back to other DQ games if you want the same old stuff.

Why does Square Enix need to rehash the same things over and over again? Everything has to change.

The next DQ game won't be an MMO so just skip this game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Why does Square Enix need to rehash the same things over and over again? Everything has to change.

Lol, people cry about Final Fantasy not changing enough (even though it has) and when significant change does happen (FFXIII) they cry even more.

I think it's good for Dragon Quest to FINALLY have some type of significant change over all these games, but I never understood why people want to put all these "online" games on the Wii (see: Monster Hunter Tri). I can see the WiiU so Square Enix can be like "YO LOOK AT THIS NEW ONLINE SYSTEM IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!" but why even bother with the Wii? I have a feeling that forcing a Wii release alongside a WiiU release will really gimp things for it.

Not like I was interested it anyway, I tried playing DQIX for an hour and was bored out of my skull.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also hate this terrible art design. At least Final Fantasy seems to change art designs as it progresses.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why the hell did SE remove the youtube videos? Why?
What sense does that make, that I can't judge the game info they've released?

From what I've read it's my worst hope realised, same Dragon Quest IX crap all over again, MMO-like, no actual characters and quests out of the ass.

No doubt I'll be skipping this title, it's gonna have none of the charm of Dragon Quest VIII did, and judging from the screen on page 2, the graphics have managed to be worse.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
NahuelDS said:
this is way too much exaggerated

Square-Enix stock after the announcement
b.jpg
Can someone explain this to me?
I mean, that also happened with the 3DS right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendoom said:

Usually means investors are pulling out. I don't remember if it happened with the 3DS but it happened with the WiiU announcement.

People (in Japan, at least) will still buy Dragon Quest a bagillion times, even if it is a pseudo-MMO. People were iffy on FFXIII (some hate it with a passion) but it still sold a bagillion copies.

D

Deleted_171835

Well, I'm interested. Especially since it's cross-platform between the Wii and WiiU.

Not sure if I'll be buying it at launch, though.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
nintendoom said:

Usually means investors are pulling out. I don't remember if it happened with the 3DS but it happened with the WiiU announcement.

People (in Japan, at least) will still buy Dragon Quest a bagillion times, even if it is a pseudo-MMO. People were iffy on FFXIII (some hate it with a passion) but it still sold a bagillion copies.
It wouldn't be unwise to say that investors just dropped Square Enix because one of their biggest franchises is showing signs of losing a vast amount of appeal, with such an announcement.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I'll buy this on Wii U IF it has no fee outside of japan.
And I should be able to play with my brother even if he's playing on Wii, right?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys seriously, just wait until XI if you don't like it. And seriously, stop bawwing, this is the tenth game, there's no reason you should be unhappy because the tenth game in the series is not to your tastes, if you don't like it play one of the earlier ones. Seriously, I bet most of you guys are going to buy it anyway.

But I still love you Akira Toriyama.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guys seriously, just wait until XI if you don't like it. And seriously, stop bawwing, this is the tenth game, there's no reason you should be unhappy because the tenth game in the series is not to your tastes, if you don't like it play one of the earlier ones. Seriously, I bet most of you guys are going to buy it anyway.

No offense but this whole "Just play older games" thing is a lame excuse. People want a new game to play and want it to be good, when it looks bad then it's disappointing. Plus, who wants to replay the same RPG where they already know all the tricks and storyline?

If a new Ace Attorney game came out (since you're a big Ace Attorney fan) and it looked like it sucked complete ass, I think you'd feel pretty agitated it someone told you to shut up if you don't like how the new game looks and go back to playing old Ace Attorney games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

No offense but this whole "Just play older games" thing is a lame excuse. People want a new game to play and want it to be good, when it looks bad then it's disappointing. Plus, who wants to replay the same RPG where they already know all the tricks and storyline?

If a new Ace Attorney game came out (since you're a big Ace Attorney fan) and it looked like it sucked complete ass, I think you'd feel pretty agitated it someone told you to shut up if you don't like how the new game looks and go back to playing old Ace Attorney games.
Well that'd be one thing, but there are 10 other titles, many of which have been remade, that one can play, not to mention the side games. Now let's say you've played them all, well as I said, it's the 10th game in a series that hasn't changed much after each iteration, yet when they try something new and original people baw about it. 10 games is a lot, I really think you should be satisfied with the nine games you already have instead of getting sad over would be milk.

EDIT: I'm not saying they shouldn't be disappointed (though I did say that, wrong choice of words), but that they should quit the complaining for a game that was just and that they're probably only complaining about because it's not like the others rather than because it genuinely looks bad.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Well that'd be one thing, but there are 10 other titles, many of which have been remade, that one can play, not to mention the side games. Now let's say you've played them all, well as I said, it's the 10th game in a series that hasn't changed much after each iteration, yet when they try something new and original people baw about it. 10 games is a lot, I really think you should be satisfied with the nine games you already have instead of getting sad over would be milk.

Every dedicated Dragon Quest fan has probably played them all already and the remakes offer little more than graphical overhauls.

It may be a silly reason to "baww" but saying that they should just play older games is a silly thing to say. Telling people to just replay games they've already played instead of demanding the new game live up to their standards is just retarded.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Every dedicated Dragon Quest fan has probably played them all already and the remakes offer little more than graphical overhauls.

It may be a silly reason to "baww" but saying that they should just play older games is a silly thing to say. Telling people to just replay games they've already played instead of demanding the new game live up to their standards is just retarded.

Replaying the games really wasn't the point of my post, that was just a small part of it. My point is people are...
I'm not saying they shouldn't be disappointed (though I did say that, wrong choice of words), but that they should quit the complaining for a game that was just and that they're probably only complaining about because it's not like the others rather than because it genuinely looks bad.

EDIT: Though I can see why they are disappointed, I'd be pissed if when Square was making FFIV they made some Platformer instead, but I'd still at least give it a chance before pissed all over it (so to speak).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Replaying the games really wasn't the point of my post, that was just a small part of it. My point is people are...

I must've gotten the wrong impression when you said people should just play the earlier games if they don't like this one:

machomuu said:
And seriously, stop bawwing, this is the tenth game, there's no reason you should be unhappy because the tenth game in the series is not to your tastes, if you don't like it play one of the earlier ones.

EDIT:

QUOTE(machomuu @ Sep 5 2011, 03:28 PM)
EDIT: Though I can see why they are disappointed, I'd be pissed if when Square was making FFIV they made some Platformer instead, but I'd still at least give it a chance before pissed all over it (so to speak).

I think Square already did that, it's called FFXI and FFXIV

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

I must've gotten the wrong impression when you said people should just play the earlier games if they don't like this one:

QUOTE(machomuu @ Sep 5 2011, 03:12 PM) And seriously, stop bawwing, this is the tenth game, there's no reason you should be unhappy because the tenth game in the series is not to your tastes, if you don't like it play one of the earlier ones.
I put more emphasis on it than I meant to -_-

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would have preffered a Dragon Quest Monsters for Wii instead of Dragon Quest.
there was not a single Dragon Quest game i completed but I "completed" all the Dragon Quest Monster games ... well joker 2 not yet but on the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    T @ Texasauras: help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUPdNq0qyeA