DS#0010: Nintendogs - Chihuahua & Friends (J)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just don't turn off your NDS!

yeah thats possible... weaponx thats really smart. You can simply put it on sleep mode and make sure your battery doesn't die.

That's a nice tip. Too bad I don't have a neoflash kit to try it out
frown.gif
My girlfriend has been waiting on this game and I also wanted to check it out cuz it looked interesting
yaynds.gif

E

exile

Uhm, this game gets stuck at some point, anyone have these problems? Or maybe a solution, and damn a 2Mbit save o.O

Possibly it autosaves or writes to the eeprom during play and hangs when the 2Mbit save is not there.

This was very common on the N64 with certain games that had larger than usually eeproms.

Well at least you now know if you buy one nintendogs you can play all three, since I presume they will all have 2Mbit save.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we're not 100% sure on wether it's actually the "Shiba and friends" version or not, some people have checked the ds rom header and it looks wrongs
it might be one of the 2 other versions

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just curious how well does this sim pan out, is it more like a harvest moon enviroment where you feed your dog, walk your dog, wash, ect on a routine just to keep him happy or are there elements in which you can watch your dog progress and become a unique idenity? For example do they gain weight, can you have a lazy, fat, farting dog? Can you have an obident dog that fetches you vertual beers from the fridge? Can you be mean and keep him in a cage on a strict diet of Red meat turning him into a ferocious watch dog? If this was done by Will Wright I'd expect the second choice but since it's done by N I am assuming its more of the first.
The puppies cannot grow fat, thin or old. Neglecting your puppy in the terms of not feeding, walking or playing with it will make him/her irritated and arrogant and eventually even aggressive.

At first, taking care of your puppy isn't much of a routine-thingy, but it can slowly become just that. The game does get somewhat repetitive after a month or so, especially if you play it too often. It will certainly last much longer if you have someone to play the game with every now and then.

Edit: And yes, the game auto saves at certain points, e.g. after having participated in a competition or when you get back home from a walk.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A pleasure serving you, eh
happy.gif

And hey everyone - don't forget to read my FAQ (it's in my signature) if you're gonna try this one out
smile.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet finally some actual GAMES for this thing.

Well, I thought you can't even boot the game with the improper size save memory inserted? Someone enlighten me.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
The puppies can't die in the game. If you don't play it for a few days, they will just have fleas and be dirty and pissed off. They'll ignore your calls for it and just growl on occasion. It's really funny.
Also, there is a fair amount of text in the game. It would certainly help to be able to read basic Japanese, if not then ConraDargo has an awesome guide for those who are Nihongo-impaired. Any news on whether this works anyways? Or do we all need to use our Nintendogs carts to play the Nintendogs rom?
blink.gif

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the rom ive been waiting for shame bout the 2meg save size thingy but hey.
Hope you can boot it and at least check it out without a cart with 2meg save thingy.
Glad i ordered my xg2t 2005 and passme on the weekend!!!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the rom ive been waiting for shame bout the 2meg save size thingy but hey.
Hope you can boot it and at least check it out without a cart with 2meg save thingy.
*cough*
sorry to tell you, but you can't play commercial games with a XG2T+PassMe

elifecyber

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, then the people that are selling that, are like ripping off? Cuz I'm guessing they have tested it before selling.... Anyhows anyone don't have any problems like the getting getting stuck when buying a dog?

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland

*cough*
sorry to tell you, but you can't play commercial games with a XG2T+PassMe

You certainly can play commercial games with an XG2T+PassMe. Whoever told you that was a blatant liar.

E

exile

I heard first hand from someone that tested it that it does indeed work. The thing I am worried about though is if they can change the software to see their carts differently than the XG2's, which would stop this from working in the future. I suppose it depends just how much the same they are. If they are 100% the same, I don't see there being any way around it.

Yeah, and I have to agree, the developer is probably the worst source for this.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Inside and out, the Neo Fla$h cart and the XG2T are the EXACT same thing with different labels. Like everyone knows, the magic key is simply a nice Passme in a commercial package. I will say to all of you guys on GBAtemp, as fellow gamers, that the XG2T+PassME works 100% on every single GST release thus far. I've had no problems saving games on my Mario DS cart from the roms either.
Admittedly the only thing I haven't figured out how to run are the E3 demos...I had some multirom image from a website with all of the demos and it straight up doesn't work at all. Must be the loader or something...

Don't trust Neo-Fla$h and those Guangdong guys, it's all crap. Save yourself some hard-earned money and put the kit together yourself, you'll be happy and your wallet will be even happier.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout