DS #1368: Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Europe)

P

pasc

Anyone who needs someone for a quick Friendcodeexchange, look in my sig for my code and pm me your friendcode !

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new cyclo DS firmware beta out, should fix the problem: http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...pl?page=support

Yup, I can confirm that the firmware update fixed the problem, and the game is awesome -- everything IGN said it is. Love the opening tutorial. The first game gave you no direction, and even if you were a Worms vet, like myself, it was a bit of a pain, since playing on the DS is unique. But all the little improvements are what make this one great -- not least of all online gameplay. Worms is all about pwnage, and now we can all get some (me more than others, of course
tongue.gif
).

One question, though, about the online play. Since this is the EURO version, will there be any issues with finding folks if I'm in the U.S.?

Yota Moteuchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey everyone
smile.gif
I've got a mac and i can't do the thing with dslazy etc, can i do something to play the game? I've got a DSxtreme card

thanks
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I absolutely despise Worms...I'd be happy if there was never another one released.

They're so stupid looking and the game is boring...

Sounds like my kind of guy. I said this about it earlier and I'll be happy to say it again, spreading the word if you like:

"...I hated the first one. Stupid of me to even try such a lame game. I really HATE the cartoonish schoolboy-drawing-like style with those disgusting grins on those worms faces! I really don't give rats ass about this license. It's crap and it stays crap, a miserable Lemmings clone. Okay let's move on..."

Let's rituallly burn every Worms game please

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
played it, quite impressed - not worthy of the number of posts on here but seems to have become forbidden fruit for those with flash cards that didn't work

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I absolutely despise Worms...I'd be happy if there was never another one released.

They're so stupid looking and the game is boring...

Sounds like my kind of guy. I said this about it earlier and I'll be happy to say it again, spreading the word if you like:

"...I hated the first one. Stupid of me to even try such a lame game. I really HATE the cartoonish schoolboy-drawing-like style with those disgusting grins on those worms faces! I really don't give rats ass about this license. It's crap and it stays crap, a miserable Lemmings clone. Okay let's move on..."

Let's rituallly burn every Worms game please

hrmmz maybe I should start posting in game threads that I hate. Maybe it would make me feel like I'm better than everyone else. perhaps it would be a worthy venture, a perfect way to spend my free time.

You need to relax mate, there's plenty of things I find annoying in this world and I don't go around telling everyone about it
wink.gif

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
hrmmz maybe I should start posting in game threads that I hate. Maybe it would make me feel like I'm better than everyone else. perhaps it would be a worthy venture, a perfect way to spend my free time.

You need to relax mate, there's plenty of things I find annoying in this world and I don't go around telling everyone about itÂ
wink.gif

Oh mate, don't worry. I'm very relaxed in fact. It just gives me sooo much pleasure slagging off this game. Also, in case Shaun would worry, I do it with a very positive attitude. I just go and sit in a nice comfortable chair, with a nice cool beer, a big joint, and a BIG HAPPY SMILE. And then I begin ranting like a maniac on here. Just tearing Worms to bits and pieces.

So for everybody who thinks otherwise, I'm a Very Very Very Happy person who always is very positive on this forum, but just THIS once I liked slagging off a game like NO OTHER. I won't do it often I promise. Please let me have this little (RELAXED, POSITIVE) pleasure.... Tommorow I'll be good again, aight?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess, but if you're slagging off a game you're bound to get people who disagree with you... It's nothing personal, it's just that everyone has different tastes. Including you, so go post away!

- Sam

berlinka

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess, but if you're slagging off a game you're bound to get people who disagree with you... It's nothing personal, it's just that everyone has different tastes. Including you, so go post away!

- Sam

Aw well, I'm done anyway. It's just that I saw a post from someone else who hated the whole Worms thing and it triggered me...don't want to offend or annoy anyone by the way. It's just that this place is for getting "things" off you chest and...well, I did, didn't I?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

You need to relax mate, there's plenty of things I find annoying in this world and I don't go around telling everyone about itÂ
wink.gif

Oh mate, don't worry. I'm very relaxed in fact. It just gives me sooo much pleasure slagging off this game. Also, in case Shaun would worry, I do it with a very positive attitude. I just go and sit in a nice comfortable chair, with a nice cool beer, a big joint, and a BIG HAPPY SMILE. And then I begin ranting like a maniac on here. Just tearing Worms to bits and pieces.

So for everybody who thinks otherwise, I'm a Very Very Very Happy person who always is very positive on this forum, but just THIS once I liked slagging off a game like NO OTHER. I won't do it often I promise. Please let me have this little (RELAXED, POSITIVE) pleasure.... Tommorow I'll be good again, aight?

My bad it seemed like you were trolling but I guess if it's not a common occurrence there's no problem.

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't play it either, hope the R4 team will make a release soon.
Anyway, I was just playing Worms 1 for DS for the first time...
It plays fine, but it's a bit laggy and the computer take a long time to think.
Can this be because the game is loading data from the microsd card and it's slower than the usual cartridges?
And I got a 2gb transcend card made in taiwan (slower than japan, I know
frown.gif
).
Will WOW2 lag on the R4 with my microsd card as well?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the first worms for DS sucked, maybe that's why it's lagging.

you can make the new game work by patching the arm7 file in the game. instructions on how to do this are in this thread somewhere.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worms is a Lemmings clone?Â
huh.gif

Not even close. First of all, the Worms franchise has been around forever. But the two games play nothing alike -- you're talking about two completely different forms of gameplay.

Anyhoo, after tinkering with the online a bit, I'd have to say Worms OW2 has the very best online offering for a DS game yet. I love the leader boards, too. Showing how many times folks disconnect is especially appreciated -- shame is a powerful tool! But there's no lag, matches are a good length, and it's a lot of god damn fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt