DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using Rayder's Cheat Database ( http://users.ameritech.net/rayder/3-15-08-rev2.zip ) works for my DSTT running Firmware V1.08 and selected the first No Moogle screen Cheat. All options have been set to on for the game.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

I have patched the rom, but not used it yet. So now I have 2 copies of the game. One the original unpatched version and another that is patched.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R4 (spring type), firmware 1.16, Final Fantasy release from cock, Rayder cheat.dat, used R4fix, cheat 3.

Perfect.

yunarREDblue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi all,

just wanna say thanks for all the hard work..

sure we r not hoping this kind of protection is going to happen again.

thanks

edit :
btw im using SCDS1 SDHC with @gb SanDisk and it goes perfectly.. downloaded game are from hugeCock.
God bless pirates
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DarkSoulFlame said:
Ok, can ANYONE tell me what's going on here? I know about the MoD, but what is the update about this. I am not gonna read 100+ pages.

Then just read the last 20. We only solved the issue around pages 90+.

You don't always have to read threads from the beginning, you know. If you'd have looked a few pages back you probably would have seen somebody repeating the fix for another person who can't be bothered to read, but still wants a quick and easy fix.

KalintZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cracker said:
I've decided to promote test2 to final and hopefully it will end any confusion. It appears the first timer/counter isn't related to the MoDs as I had previously thought it was and just the second one is. I will remove all the links to the previous patches from my posts (but obviously can't from other people's posts).

Get the final patch here.

Thank you ! It works perfectly with SuperCard SD slot2.

grog.gif

Final Remix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
I've decided to promote test2 to final and hopefully it will end any confusion. It appears the first timer/counter isn't related to the MoDs as I had previously thought it was and just the second one is. I will remove all the links to the previous patches from my posts (but obviously can't from other people's posts).

Get the final patch here

You, sir..... are king of men. And I don't use that as often as I should. R4 (non-spring), 1.16, "test2", swapped out japanese audio. beautiful. absolutely perfect Gameplay, and an absolutely mind-blowing experience. Thanks a million for making this possible!

airskape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh..im still getting the white screens
frown.gif

i have a m3 simply. have tried the ips patch and also the latest ar codes but none of them work..
any ideas?

Final Remix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airskape said:
ahhh..im still getting the white screens
frown.gif

i have a m3 simply. have tried the ips patch and also the latest ar codes but none of them work..
any ideas?

what i've seen so far, reading ~124 of the pages here.... make sure you patch a clean rom, and make sure you've got the latest firmware. i'd suggest not trimming it until you know an untrimmed patch works first.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your hard work, everyone! I have it working on my G6lite after patching with LunarIPS and uploading it to the flash cart with the safemode/forcerw settings.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Joey Ravn said:
darkpunk24 said:
Good..but i unfortunately haven't got any SLOT - 2 Flashcards..then if the game or the boXXle versione not work on the r4..i can't play..there is any ways to work the boXXle versione on the flashcard slot 1?

I think the so-called "boxxle version" gives two white screens to slot-1 users because it's prepatched:

QUOTE(chautemoc @ Mar 12 2008, 11:12 PM) Game: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates
System: Nintendo DS
Release Group: b0XXle

Why is it realeased again? b0XXle has fixed the "Thank you for playing!" screen error. It no longer does it! ROM has been re-dumped, injected with ARM7fix, and ran through the M3 game manager using 4xDMA/Force R/W. The result? No more "Thank you for playing screen!" And a 100% working game. Enjoy.

As you know, slot-1 cards work with clean ROMs (although some of them patch them on the fly, which seems to be the cause of this problem). If you try to use any patched ROM, it will white-screen you. It may seem as if that patch configuration from the M3 Manager worked with the EZ IV, I guess.

PS: thebobevil, you sure like this thread. You post count raised madly during the last two days
ohmy.gif

Edit: That code thingy seems interesting. I'll keep tuned to hear more from you guys.

every slot1 flash kit has to patch. i don't care what it says on the box, the facts state that a msd card has a 12microsecond seek time, and the nds requires 4microseconds response time to check what is in the slot1 is a retail cart or a rom. it is impossible for any of the current msd cards to seek data at a faster speed, thus roms must be patched to echo garbage data to the nds' 4microsecond check. this is the reason your roms play, no matter the cart.

-aw

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
every slot1 flash kit has to patch. i don't care what it says on the box, the facts state that a msd card has a 12microsecond seek time, and the nds requires 4microseconds response time to check what is in the slot1 is a retail cart or a rom. it is impossible for any of the current msd cards to seek data at a faster speed, thus roms must be patched to echo garbage data to the nds' 4microsecond check. this is the reason your roms play, no matter the cart.

-aw

I don't see how this microsecond-speed issue relates to the "Thank you for playing!" screen. What I meant is that you use "clean" ROMs on slot-1 flashcarts, while you must run the ROM through a specific software to use it with a slot-2 flashcart. Most, if not all, slot-1 flashcarts will give you a white screen if you try to play a modified ROM... and that's what's been happening to almost everyone who tried to use this boxxle version on their R4s or CycloDS.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
GH0ST said:
Another World , Cyclops from Team Cyclops had answered you in cyclopDs forums... there is many ways to detect any card... and as many ways to bypass any protection.

Btw CycloDS Evolution works flawlessy and need no patch at all.

ghost:
the forum is kicking back a database error for me right now. will check back later...

i'm curious to see what they had to say, thanks for letting me know that they wrote back to me.

the cyclods looks like a pretty good solution. i'm probably going to pick one up for the miss for her nds.

Joey Ravn:
the issue is that the nds has a anti piracy check built into the nds. it can query data from the carts in slot1 and it requires that the response happen in 4 microseconds. the current builds of micro sd cards can only respond at 12 microseconds. there is nothing on the market yet that is faster, and as a result the flash kits have firmware with on-the-fly patching. one of the things the patch does it spit back garbage data *if* the nds queries the rom. since the rom is sitting on a slower multimedia micro sd source the gargabe data string contains the info the nds would ask of the cart, and thus the game goes on playing. however, it appears that ffcc is actually checking to see if the data is correct. since the data is infact spoofed garbage the game fails. thanks to the cracker and his efforts we can now freeze the timer that sets off the code to query the check, so in fact the check never happens.

that information hopefully makes my original post that you refered to more clear. i am not debating a clean rom vs a patched rom...

-aw

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Yes the site is down. Don't expect to much the answer was very short : Evolution is fluent in english but Cyclops answered in a more elliptic style.

Anyway this guy gives sometimes really helpfull hints ( see rayder readme.txt in cheats or the cheats thread in TC forums ) ... in an encrypted engrish style ;-)

added sample from cache:
QUOTE said:
Problem is there a cap on max codes for a cheat of 127 this cap has been asked to be upped be for. But there one more problem max codes can use is 256 and some cheats are pass this too.

Things you need to remove in the new db so can import remove the game it self or cheats.

AFFE 7A99FB3C - Final Fantasy III (U)

* All Items Maxed

ADAE 636791C0 - Pokemon Diamond (USA)

* Box 1 Mods (Start+Select) -> Hoenn Legends
* Box 1 Mods (Start+Select) -> Invincible Team
* Box 1 Mods (Start+Select) -> All Starters (Box 4)

APAE 31D0AFDE - Pokemon Pearl (USA)

* Box 1 Mods (Start+Select) -> Hoenn Legends
* Box 1 Mods (Start+Select) -> Invincible Team

BTW: If you do use rayders db updateing may miss some cheats as date/time are set to day maded as db is maded for R4.

I dig it for you finally from cache also :

QUOTECyclops TeamCyclops
I think ever one knows ever nds flash card can be tested for in lots of ways like how you can run some apps without patching for didi(no auto ect) as it checks for flash cart. This not really a problem.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
GH0ST said:
Yes the site is down. Don't expect to much the answer was very short : Evolution is fluent in english but Cyclops answered in a more elliptic style.

Anyway this guy gives sometimes really helpfull hints ( see rayder readme.txt in cheats or the cheatdatabase thread in TC forums ) ... in an encrypted engrish style ;-)

thanks mate. i will check into it. i love researching this stuff =P

-aw

cerebrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realy guys, can somene help me?

i am dying for this game. just explain me what i have to do to play it in my m3 card.

I have read a bunch os comments, but i dont get it (i`m just used to pass the games from desktop to the card)

thank you very much

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cerebrus said:
realy guys, can somene help me?

i am dying for this game. just explain me what i have to do to play it in my m3 card.

I have read a bunch os comments, but i dont get it (i`m just used to pass the games from desktop to the card)

thank you very much

Use the autopatcher from the MoD fix thread. Just drop the game onto the .exe and it'll patch it.

cerebrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thamk you.

i tried, but the white screens continue.

i think that i will have to wait for the european version...damm you system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay