DS #2466: Metal Slug 7 (Japan)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got this working on SCDS1? It won't work for me, unsure if I patched it wrong or whatever, checked the supercrd forum and they have no info. :0

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Anyone got this working on SCDS1? It won't work for me, unsure if I patched it wrong or whatever, checked the supercrd forum and they have no info. :0

I got it to work without any problems on my supercard sdhc

Anyway if anyone wants the SCDS1 save file for ms7: Link

paul

Hebus San

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jenesuis.net
XP
Country
France
-GJ- said:
Scorpin200 said:
Is this game working on m3?

Yes it is, but I think u have to update ur firmware to the latest version
smile.gif

I've got a M3 perfect microSD and i've updated M3 GM to V36a. And the game still doesn't work.
Can someone please help me?

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theclaw said:
Works on Supercard CF.

Not sure if I like this game. Something rubs me the wrong way, maybe it's the squished look of certain sprites.

Then go play the old Metal Slug games on NeoDS
biggrin.gif
!

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Minos said:
rscarrab said:
rscarrab said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/129642923/mslug7sav.zip.html

If it's no good I'll make another as I've just patched the game with the SQUIRE patch.

[-EDIT-]
That's from an M3 Simply btw, use Shuny's online converter to change!

Ok, have converted it...

...It doesn't work.
Im running it on v1.1.3. I tried it without the Arm7 fix, than with the Arm 7 fix. I tried using the save before writing to the EEPROM DATA and after. In all scenario's it hangs at the "cant create a save screen".

Im not willing to downgrade my firmware on my DS-X to find out, it most likely wont work. BUT if anyone is willing or still uses an earlier firmware than by all means, i might even consider downgrading just to play ms7.

Im fairly sure i wont be seeing ms7 on my DS-X, which is now, officially broken in comparison to the competition.
Thanks again for the help Thug4L1f3.

Hello to all !

I've also convert the sav file, but the new sav file (i've got it from the Shuny online converter) is much bigger the usual ds-x sav file.
So maybe the converter is not working well ?

Can someone upload an S-C sav file for instance ?

Be sure to force the EEPROM DATA to save by starting a new game of something else, saving it and turning it off, for instance.
If your save was around 524kb post-conversion (->DS-X), than that might be worth trying alright...
...I tried using the online converter twice. Both times the output file came in at around 200kb, i cant remember exactly, it was in my earlier post.
Mate, unless a new firmware gets released for the DS-X (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) than i cant see it working, unless tried with a save type from a different cart, ie. thug4life uploaded an m3 simply .sav.
Let us know if you come across anything! I have every metal slug, not being able to play this one is a serious kick in the teeth!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused about the "saving prisoners" thing. When going through a level, I try to go up to all the prisoners, free them if they're tied up, and then accept whatever goodies they have for me. But often, at the end of a level, it still says 0 prisoners. What's up with that? Is there something else you're supposed to do in order to technically save them?

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where all the satisfaction comes from in completing your missions. When I actually have some hostages freed (at least for me), I feel like a champ. I started playing this on normal this morning. An awesome birthday present to myself. I love the entire Metal Slug series. As I said in the PSP thread, one of my main reasons for getting a PSP was so I could play Metal Slug Anthology on the go. I haven't tried the emulator NeoDS, yet. I might try it after I've finished this game.

Hebus San

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jenesuis.net
XP
Country
France
Hebus San said:
-GJ- said:
Scorpin200 said:
Is this game working on m3?

Yes it is, but I think u have to update ur firmware to the latest version
smile.gif

I've got a M3 perfect microSD and i've updated M3 GM to V36a. And the game still doesn't work.
Can someone please help me?

My bad. That's fine now i've read the whole topic.
smile.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
I'm confused about the "saving prisoners" thing. When going through a level, I try to go up to all the prisoners, free them if they're tied up, and then accept whatever goodies they have for me. But often, at the end of a level, it still says 0 prisoners. What's up with that? Is there something else you're supposed to do in order to technically save them?

Every time you get hit killed, you loss all the prisoners you rescued. So in order to get the prisoners saved bonus, you mustn't die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated