DS #3867: HanGeomDS (Korea)

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A korean kanji (Chinese Character, or, hanja) trainer..interesting. This may come in useful some day. For those that care, Korea doesn't actually use kanji but most of the nouns have their pronunciation derived from them. Most of the kanji words are identical to Japanese, except they are pronounced in a Korean way, and they are written in old (more complex) style. Example: Korean ?=?=hak, Japanese ??=?=gaku

The similarity in Japanese and Korean is remarkable, because both are derived from Chinese, however nowadays they have a lot less in common with the Chinese language. Japanese and Chinese evolved seperately, but a lot of the new words found their way from Japan to Korea. I've seen research that suggests 80% of the Korean and Japanese kanji-words are similar, while both languages only match roughly 20% with Chinese.

OMG I just gave u guys a lecture
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
interesting info glacius... i do remember something of this sort in japanese coach
but korean is very hard to write in comparison to japanese...
a question... is it possible to read japanese by learning it from japanese coach or similar releases or even a homebrew program made by someone? and how long it's gonna take

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online