DS #4411: Phantasy Star à (USA)

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems im not the only one that thinks the camera is terrible.
perhaps its just me missing something, but i find the movement and what passes for targetting annoying too.

(about the delay from talking to people, yes i get a noticeable wait too)

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, to everyone who hates the camera...are you aware that pushing the L button readjusts it?

Holding DOWN the L button also locks on an enemy and keeps your character facing it to guarantee that almost every hit will at least reach the enemy.

Maybe it is just me, but the camera seems perfectly fine.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can hold the L button to semi-lock-on to enemies, but if they move from your area of sight, you also lose your lock. The camera's definitely finicky, but considering the gameplay, it's functional, in my opinion. If this were strictly an action game, I'd be frustrated. But in an RPG of this type, it works. The thing to keep in mind is, you're farming enemies. This ain't Ninja Gaiden.
wink.gif

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thiago Kotaki May said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Japanese save file working great with USA release, I was just trying and it really works.

I've played the japanese version and got to level 54, lol. But I don't know, I think I will start a new adventure with new character and all that.

jap saves work???!

GG when i get online.. i'll give you guys a head start

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those complaining on camera/directional control issues:
Just hold the X button and you can use the L and R buttons to rotate the view.

You can also pick up the items on the floor where you're standing when holding the X button, like you're holding a vacuum cleaner. :-D
You don't need to keep on pressing A per item pick-up.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
After reading Thiago Kotaki May's post i tried to see if the Japanese sav works and saw that it does however it seems to have a problem with regards with the name of my character(I named it Hotz in the Jap version and now in the US version is shows "( black block o black block t black block z".. so the H disappeared and got replaced with a bracket and then in between there's black block taking up one space each in between the letters.. Beseides that though everything is AOK..

DMCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a save problem, I see many people are but the thing is that my game will load, but my data just isn't there. I played for a good two hours last night, and I'm positive I saved multiple times, but today I went to load my save and there were three "New Game" slots. I checked the root folder of my card (AceKard 2.1) and the save was there. It's just like I never played. Any idea of what happened?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I blind or is there no quicksave? What kind of plank makes a portable game with missions this long and no quicksave feature? What am I supposed to do, play half a mission on the way to work, put my DS in sleep mode for 10 hours and hope there's enough battery left to do the second half on the way home?

Useless, deleted.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueStar said:
Am I blind or is there no quicksave? What kind of plank makes a portable game with missions this long and no quicksave feature? What am I supposed to do, play half a mission on the way to work, put my DS in sleep mode for 10 hours and hope there's enough battery left to do the second half on the way home?

Useless, deleted.

lol, nice rant but i think it pointless. dude how about 'do not play the game until you have enough time to play through a mission' as a solution to your problem.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
dawn.wan said:
BlueStar said:

Useless, deleted.

lol, nice rant but i think it pointless. dude how about 'do not play the game until you have enough time to play through a mission' as a solution to your problem.
Or just use a Cyclo/M3/whatever other flashcard had RTS? Besides, I'm sure there will be an AR code within three weeks that allows you to save in-mission (kinda like the save anywhere cheats in FFIII&FFIV)

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get this to work online with a CycloDS FW 1.56 Beta5? The person i want to play with has an R4(don't ask me if it's fake) and we can't see each other online. Hers is patched, but whenever I try to use a patched version online it freezes on me
sad.gif

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haflore said:
How do I get this to work online with a CycloDS FW 1.56 Beta5? The person i want to play with has an R4(don't ask me if it's fake) and we can't see each other online. Hers is patched, but whenever I try to use a patched version online it freezes on me
sad.gif

Use the un-patched version with the latest firmware.
wink.gif

And, good job at bumping.
tpi.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well..I've been trying the unpatched but it didn't work(I'll try again).
And as for the bumping..it was either that or a new thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1