DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i just checked in
so does r4+wood play this alright? my wood is the original version, i put it in from the first few days it came out, n havent updated once.
from reading, seems that there are some slowdowns.
other than that, any other AP? i still have nightmares from pokemon freezing..

if it's alright then i'm gonna go ahead n DL this!

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report that i haven't experienced any battle lag with 4 characters yet on my cyclo. I suspect it has more to do with the sdhc speed, but i don't know how fast mine is to compare.

Clean bahumut release, B.3

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsol said:
Just wanted to report that i haven't experienced any battle lag with 4 characters yet on my cyclo. I suspect it has more to do with the sdhc speed, but i don't know how fast mine is to compare.

Hopefully the framerate drops will be fixed in future firmware patches for each flashcart. If I recall correctly, Yi-Gi-Oh Arcadia and HG/SS would drop framerates sometimes but now they don't with the more recent updates.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having trouble finding the Abbot at Alltrades. Where can I find him? I've talked to everyone about the golden fruit now I have to track down someone who wanted to be a martial artist but I don't know where they are.

sendyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Game is not too fun or too boring but the story line is good.Not really a dragon quest fan though.

Opium said:
I'm having trouble finding the Abbot at Alltrades. Where can I find him? I've talked to everyone about the golden fruit now I have to track down someone who wanted to be a martial artist but I don't know where they are.

I tried searching online but couldnt really find anything sorry.I even checked ign but it says their guide is not ready yet.

I guess the game is too new.For you to be able find much help on it.Trying asking elsewhere you might find someone that can help.
smile.gif

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:

I think he was on the bottom floor near the inn, if he's not there just talk to everyone in alltrades abbey.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsol said:

I don't have lag in battles; it's walking through town and such that the framerate drops (there isn't slowdown; the game just doesn't look smooth anymore). It's especially noticeable when talking to NPCs; the text appears jerkily. I've found that limiting myself to 3 party members largely alleviates the issue, though it's still not absolutely perfect.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Putting me off playing the game till I find a way to fix the lag really. Don't know why you have to see them following you everywhere anyway, although the creepy gliding coffin is pretty funny.

Maybe a cheat to make it so that you only see the main hero when you're walking around?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I've heard the lag isn't anything terminal. A little slowdown doesn't really bother me that much. Not when it's a game I've flat out stolen, anyway. Besides, for a 40+ hour RPG I'll allow for a little more.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
i have been playing untill you lose your wings and halo and untill the day after, on my R4 Wood.
So far no slowdowns in eather gameplay or cutsceens.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
DragoonAdept said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4275989/misc/Games...9%20Patchv2.zip

it contains two patches, one to convert this BAHAMUT release to the Xenom patched version, and then a patch to convert THAT Xenom version to the patched Xenom version that has the nag boot screen removed.

Read the readme.. includes CRCs for variants of the rom.
Can anyone upload the patch? Link is down now.

Jonk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Opium said:
You find the Abbot at the top of the "Tower of Trades" in the east.
He transform into a monster and you have to defeat him.^^

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Jonk said:
Opium said:

The tower is locked.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
Jonk said:
Opium said:

The tower is locked.

i just did this, and beat the tower

you need to get the bow party skill to open the tower
go to Alltrades
talk to the bar maid (b-1)
talk to monk (b-1) (he is by the inn)

talk to guy on L-1 where the Abbot should be (the norther most guy)

you will ask you to go to the tower and teach you bow to open the door

Gazooki

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why everyone's making such a fuss about the lag issue. If it was constant and slowed everything down to a snail's pace I could understand, but a slight drop in frame rate doesn't make much difference to me. The game's pushing the DS to its limits, I'm not really surprised there's lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...