Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
My Nintendo DS has had an issue with its backlight for a while and I can't find much information on how to fix it. The top screen makes an awful buzzing sound that is just as harsh as, if not worse than CRTs. When the top screen is making this awful sound the image quality is also severally degraded to the point where you can hardly use it, not that you would want to with the sound.

PXL_20220903_001922169.jpg

I don't want to just replace the backlight with a factory one if possible, I don't want to have this happen again.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried adjusting the screen potentiometers? I've not heard of them causing buzzing, but that visually looks like incorrect potentiometer. They're under the battery door, they look like philips screws and there's one for each screen.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried adjusting the screen potentiometers? I've not heard of them causing buzzing, but that visually looks like incorrect potentiometer. They're under the battery door, they look like philips screws and there's one for each screen.

What size is the screw? I can't seem to get it to look right or stop buzzing by putting a philups or JIS 1/0/00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU