Hacking DS Card for 3DS

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. just different encryption on the .da file

oddly enough older carts (the no longer manufactured ones) from r4isdhc.com DID run wood. but those downloads are now missing.

this whole r4i-sdhc.com r4ishc.com and r4isdhc.com.cn situation is confusing.

here's what i can tell so far, i think.

1) r4i-sdhc.com team is the creator of the R4IMenu firmware. they've used it since day one. They have had time bombs, but there's a special timebomb disabled "final firmware" for ONE of their older carts.
2)r4isdhc.com has used many firmwares,and i'm pretty sure none of them are their own. sometimes back in 2013 they started cloning r4i-sdhc.com carts, because they had an actively developed firmware. These are imperfect clones, which is why retrgamefan ysmenu has issues with DSI enhanced games on them. Their older carts used a different firmware, and expect to find ds_menu.dat on the sdcard. they run variants of wood,r4itt, and who knows WHAT else. many cart teams took the open source RPG firmware and modified it. but it looks like this team has never made an original firmware in it's life, even going straight fro the source.
3) r4isdhc.com.cn seems to be also using wood and akmenu/akaio variants, with all CN cards accepting a hacked wood 1.62. every singe download page offers the same hacked wood, so all their clones seem to use the same encyption key. I suspect that they just took ace3ds hacked wood and changed it's name a bit to make their current firmware.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Acekard 2i
R4i Gold 3DS RTS
R4i Gold 3DS Plus (RTS)
SuperCard DSTWO
SuperCard DSTWO+
Ace3DS Plus (Wood kernel)
Ace3DS X (Wood kernel)

Those are the best DS flashcarts. None of those contain time bombs either so that's a plus.
I would scratch the ace3ds plus. There have been many revisions and not all of them work on any firmware. It's really confusing.

here's what i can tell so far, i think.

1) r4i-sdhc.com team is the creator of the R4IMenu firmware. they've used it since day one. They have had time bombs, but there's a special timebomb disabled "final firmware" for ONE of their older carts.
2)r4isdhc.com has used many firmwares,and i'm pretty sure none of them are their own. sometimes back in 2013 they started cloning r4i-sdhc.com carts, because they had an actively developed firmware. These are imperfect clones, which is why retrgamefan ysmenu has issues with DSI enhanced games on them. Their older carts used a different firmware, and expect to find ds_menu.dat on the sdcard. they run variants of wood,r4itt, and who knows WHAT else. many cart teams took the open source RPG firmware and modified it. but it looks like this team has never made an original firmware in it's life, even going straight fro the source.
3) r4isdhc.com.cn seems to be also using wood and akmenu/akaio variants, with all CN cards accepting a hacked wood 1.62. every singe download page offers the same hacked wood, so all their clones seem to use the same encyption key. I suspect that they just took ace3ds hacked wood and changed it's name a bit to make their current firmware.
r4isdhc.com are the same as t4i-sdhc.com. They use EXACTLY the same hardware and work with flash files of each others.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except that r4i-sdhc is actively trying to detect r4isdhc carts, and block them.

and as i recall ysmenu works fine on r4i-sdhc, but has issues with DSi enhanced games on r4isdhc

which means they CANNOT be 1-1 clones.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: At the end of the game Ed beather Truth at his own game giving up his ability to do alchemy