Gaming DS Games of the Month: July 2010

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Dragon Quest in the only decent release this month in my opinion. I'll probably give the new Harvest Moon a try too.

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrackMania could be good. I played the other one and enjoyed it, but it was pretty buggy. Hopefully this one will be better.

I've always wanted to play the Inazuma Eleven games, any word of an English release for them?

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
isabelyes said:
Also, what the hell is Sekaiju no Meikyuu doing there?
More info would be greatly appreciated. Is it a reprint, or has it got some added extras?

Oh, it's actually a reprint of Etrian Odyssey, just now part of a "collection" (like Platinum Hits or Greatest Hits or budget collections).

Ah, so it's a reprint. That's pretty nice; I hope Atlus USA will do the same for the localized EO's - maybe to get even more attention for the upcoming EO III.
Still, I've seen lots of people asking where they could find a relatively cheap copy of EO, so...well, only if Atlus USA reprints it, too.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, not a whole lot going on this month...

this is a great opportunity for me to beat some of the lingering games on my cart.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta get that trackmania game
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Maybe it's just something past my age.

It's definitely your age. DQ remakes aren't so bad. And the series always been like this: simple. Can't wait to play DQIX!

Well, the remakes are still using an incredibly ancient battle system that's by today's standards, quite frankly, boring as all hell. That's why I'm interested in DQIX; it changes things up to bring Dragon Quest to a newer age.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:
Akotan said:
Guild McCommunist said:

It's definitely your age. DQ remakes aren't so bad. And the series always been like this: simple. Can't wait to play DQIX!

Well, the remakes are still using an incredibly ancient battle system that's by today's standards, quite frankly, boring as all hell. That's why I'm interested in DQIX; it changes things up to bring Dragon Quest to a newer age.
It isn't ancient, it's just different... Dragon Quest IX uses the same battle system with some adjustments like the "combo system", it just has 3D graphics with over-the-top camera angles.
Also why is the code scanner thing included in the releases? It's a DSiWare only app that'll probably stay in japan only, too.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Akotan said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Ehh, that's probably true. I find DQ games interesting, but those oldschool first person battles just really put me off playing .__.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Akotan said:
Guild McCommunist said:

It's not that the remakes are bad or anything, it's just that they use the same battle system over and over and over again. And it's boring as hell. If I want to play an old RPG, I'll do that. I won't play a newly released RPG with the same kind of battle system as the old one. Dragon Quest games should get with their times, no matter how much the fans like the way they are and have always been. Look at Final Fantasy for example: that series has had a lot of different kinds of gameplay, one was better than the other but in the end, the way the battle system (and the rest of the gameplay elements) is/are now, are preferred to the way it was in the early days.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hey, Harvest Moon: Wind's Bazaar is actually pretty good from what I've played. Improved graphics, in which they switched to a more anime style. They also have better mechanics, like the windmill and the bazaar systems. It's a good improvement from the main harvest moon line.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Another random anime game.

Spectral Force Genesis was boring and excruciatingly difficult. Don't play it. Ever.

fairy tail kick enogh ass to have a own game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@