Homebrew ds games on a hacked 3ds??

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if there was a way to play about any ds game in rom or whatever type it would be to be able to play on the 3ds.?? i know there is a dstwo for this but right now its just easier to see if i can use the rom or whatnot on my 3ds as is?? or would i need to do something else to the rom?? or whaat?? if you got experience in this sort of thing please let me know. im curious here.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are aware that "app" works with a flashcard also, right? I use it with my AceKard 2i and R4 all the time.
Of course, but if you already have a flashcard why work harder vs smarter? Not to negate the awesomeness of the bootstrap app, it works well and the devs have been working really hard on it for a while. That doesn't change the fact that a flashcard does everything that app does better, with 100% compatibility and more features to boot like cheats and RTS. Between CIA forwarders and a cheap $15 card, there is no reason to use that app right now outside of development or desperation assuming your aim is DS gaming and not DS Homebrews or something that mght require TWLoader.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Joel16

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if there was a way to play about any ds game in rom or whatever type it would be to be able to play on the 3ds.?? i know there is a dstwo for this but right now its just easier to see if i can use the rom or whatnot on my 3ds as is?? or would i need to do something else to the rom?? or whaat?? if you got experience in this sort of thing please let me know. im curious here.

There is TWL Loader you can use, but personally I'd use a DS Flashcart.
with the Flashcart Launchers. I use the original R4 and that works fine. I think you can find one for dirt cheap anyways ^^

Reactions: Latyana

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yea a flash cart is much better
Expect when I made this post TWLoader ran most games painfully slow and there was virtually no reason to use it for any game above 32MB, but that's not the case anymore. The latest nds-bootloader with TWiLight Menu++ is a far different story and game compatibility/speed is improving at a rapid rate. I actually would heavily suggest people give TWiLight Menu++ a chance and if they aren't satisfied, then buy a flashcart, or just use both. Times have changed and are continuing to change.

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expect when I made this post TWLoader ran most games painfully slow and there was virtually no reason to use it for any game above 32MB, but that's not the case anymore. The latest nds-bootloader with TWiLight Menu++ is a far different story and game compatibility/speed is improving at a rapid rate. I actually would heavily suggest people give TWiLight Menu++ a chance and if they aren't satisfied, then buy a flashcart, or just use both. Times have changed and are continuing to change.
There is TWL Loader you can use, but personally I'd use a DS Flashcart.
with the Flashcart Launchers. I use the original R4 and that works fine. I think you can find one for dirt cheap anyways ^^
ty to you both. when i get some cash i'll look into a micro sd card so i can use my r4 i got here not long ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0