Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
but what file do I use from the Flashcard autoboot folder for the R4isdhc dual core?

Well, you can do as I did when. In the cartridge settings, select lust played rom auto and choose "boot_fc.nds". Everything works on my R4GoldPro'13 or AK2i (sorry, don't remember...)

Last edited by AL_16,

preshir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see I'm not alone. I don't know what the issue is exactly but I imagine it might have something to do with the speed of SD cards. I wonder if people who use .nds dumped from actual cartridges experience any of this.
Okay so the lag has gotten a lot worse as I've progressed through the game and it actually completely froze, requiring a restart, when going from Driftveil City to Route 6. Riding the bike seems to make it freeze more as well. What SD care are you using? Mine is a SanDisk Ultra 15MB/s Class 4.

Reactions: Natural

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Now i surprised no one address this issue yet, in the emulators folder when you copy the files (specifically nesds.nds) to the sd card wirelessly it forces to give permission to do so, even if it did it won't copy/move that particular file like it was read-only.
Are you using Linux? I have this issue with Solus Linux and I did bring it up a few weeks ago.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so the lag has gotten a lot worse as I've progressed through the game and it actually completely froze, requiring a restart, when going from Driftveil City to Route 6. Riding the bike seems to make it freeze more as well. What SD care are you using? Mine is a SanDisk Ultra 15MB/s Class 4.

I have a 30MB/s Class 10 64GB SanDisk Ultra. Are you using a 3DS? Did you turn off the Wireless switch to the right of your 3DS? I remember there being a lot permanent freezes when I got to Opelucid Town, especially when Team Plasma froze the town. I had to restart my game a lot of times there. Your issues sound worse than my though because I don't remember the game ever freezing permanently when riding the bike. Also make sure C-Gear is turned off because that also seems to make it freeze more.

Last edited by Natural,

preshir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 30MB/s Class 10 64GB SanDisk Ultra. Are you using a 3DS? Did you turn off the Wireless switch to the right of your 3DS? I remember there being a lot permanent freezes when I got to Opelucid Town, especially when Team Plasma froze the town. I had to restart my game a lot of times there. Your issues sound worse than my though because I don't remember the game ever freezing permanently when riding the bike. Also make sure C-Gear is turned off because that also seems to make it freeze more.
I'm using a DSi, wireless communications and c-gear are turned off. Maybe it is sd card speed but I can't imagine that yours would have these issues as well.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a DSi, wireless communications and c-gear are turned off. Maybe it is sd card speed but I can't imagine that yours would have these issues as well.

I wonder if anybody with a higher MB/s than my SD card is having these issues.

Dargentum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ayy, My Dsi menu it's still on 1.0.0 although I tried to update it by replacing the _nds folder and "Boot.nds?" And installing the latest .cia files what do I do?
The luma settings are on "enable game patch"

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ayy, My Dsi menu it's still on 1.0.0 although I tried to update it by replacing the _nds folder and "Boot.nds?" And installing the latest .cia files what do I do?
The luma settings are on "enable game patch"
Follow the update instructions of the latest version.

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why DSmenu++ looks this way when i use the 3ds theme? The L & R (previous & next) look weird and the Center start button, they look double to me, look.

Attachments

• 39939421_252619665388320_5971928540759719936_n.jpg
    39939421_252619665388320_5971928540759719936_n.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 144

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Why DSmenu++ looks this way when i use the 3ds theme? The L & R (previous & next) look weird and the Center start button, they look double to me, look.
Try restarting DSiMenu++ and see if it still looks like that (after setting the theme). I think it's just a visual bug that happens sometimes. I get it in games every now and then.

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try restarting DSiMenu++ and see if it still looks like that (after setting the theme). I think it's just a visual bug that happens sometimes. I get it in games every now and then.

No i have delete the folder for DSimenu++ fully and nothing is always the same, but i can tell you i don't get it on games.

I have fix it,well i think...mot sure :rofl2:

I have remove 2 files from the latest version and replace them with the ones in the older version
the files are from the dsimenuplusplus folder :nightly-bootstrap and release-bootstrap and use those
from the 5.4.1 version this fix the 3ds theme and the other themes as well. i still have v5.5.1 in settings.
and everything is working, not sure if i found a fix or i mess it up or delete a file that contains something
important not sure i just know that is working, is working with fowarder too:rofl2:

Last edited by Jvhellraiser,

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a ARM9 prefetch abort (svcBreak) error when exiting the DSiMenu++ settings menu.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000001.rar
    287 bytes · Views: 79

t0w3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a ARM9 prefetch abort (svcBreak) error when exiting the DSiMenu++ settings menu.
It constantly white screens on me, basicaly forcing me to reset every single time I change any option. I get pretty surprised on the rare ocasion that it doesn't hang...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    +1
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ulOHdCUXz6s?si=zVb-MdOFLsk-28mk