Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I can now launch DS games, but of course DSiWare still doesn't work. It says "This game cannon be launched as a .nds file on 3DS/2DS"

These instructions seem kind of confusing:

This requires Unlaunch 0.9 or later.
  1. Download appgen (by jerbear64) (If your computer says it's a virus, it is a false positive).
  2. Place it in "/title/00030004".
  3. Move your .nds, .pub, and .prv files into "sd:/roms/dsiware".
  4. Launch your DSiWare .nds from TWiLight Menu++, and enjoy!
Do I need to find some Unlaunch thing and install or is it part of those steps (appgen archive)?
Does /title/00030004 means sd:/title/00030004? There's an .exe file in the archive - can 3DS even read those? (doubt it).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can now launch DS games, but of course DSiWare still doesn't work. It says "This game cannon be launched as a .nds file on 3DS/2DS"

1. Download appgen (by jerbear64) (If your computer says it's a virus, it is a false positive).
Do I need to find some Unlaunch thing and install or is it part of those steps (appgen archive)?
Does /title/00030004 means sd:/title/00030004? There's an .exe file in the archive - can 3DS even read those? (doubt it).
The tab says "DSi:" at the beginning, so it's only for DSi.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do I need to find some Unlaunch thing and install or is it part of those steps (appgen file)?
Dsiware only works on an actual Nintendo DSI with twighlight menu.

For using Dsiware on the 3ds you can find most Dsiware as cia files and you simply install them just like any 3ds game using fbi.

Reactions: RocketRobz

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Or you can find most Dsiware titles on that iso site we are not allowed to name on gbatemp.net.
I have all of them, but they're all nds format. Trying to figure it out now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I figured it out. After all these years I can finally play DSiWare. :D Thanks, everyone!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kind of a sucky method though (the make_cia app). Is there an app for batch conversion of nds/3ds to cia?

SoTaNaHtHaNa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bother you again but i deleted a few cheats that i wouldn't use and now it seems they cheats dont show up when i press x on the Acekard theme could i possibly get some help o this please i've been having some difficulties for a few days now.

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8 I want twilight menu as an app like you know you can install dsiware to your nand? Is there anyway to do that I mean I can launch it right when I launch my dsi but I’d rather have it like an app on like a dsi menu so yeah if any methods are their, please tell me thx

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Robz8 I want twilight menu as an app like you know you can install dsiware to your nand? Is there anyway to do that I mean I can launch it right when I launch my dsi but I’d rather have it like an app on like a dsi menu so yeah if any methods are their, please tell me thx
It's already on the DSi Menu. Just turn "Title autoboot" off in HiyaCFW settings.
If you get the error screen after doing that, either create a dummy file that takes up almost all of the SD card space, or add more ROMs.

YoheiruYkatchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not even in my console does the controllers appear also when i created the img. file does it really need to be set to 12? i set it on 12 and when installing rom it says insufficient storage so i left it on 40.... that okay?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not even in my console does the controllers appear also when i created the img. file does it really need to be set to 12? i set it on 12 and when installing rom it says insufficient storage so i left it on 40.... that okay?
No. It should be 12 (or 28, if you're using a 3DS console), because that how big it can fit in the console's RAM (with the first 4 being reserved by the homebrew).
Also, check the TWiLight Menu++ settings. If it doesn't show v7.2.0 as your version, then install v7.2.0.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Advance_Gamer005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who wants to know how to create .img file. Here's the instruction for SNES.img:

1. Run RAMDisk

2. Select "Create a new FAT disk"

3. Type "28" (for 3DS) next to using ___ of the maximum 1023 Megabytes

4. Select "Label" and type: "SNES"

5. Select "do not create" under a TEMP directory
  6. Select "save them on shutdown" under When I make changes to the files on the disk,

7. Use Browse to save an .img on anywhere you want to save as SNES.img

8. Click "Start RAMDisk"

9. Create "snes" folder under a drive letter (hard drive) that RAMDisk mounts

10. Dump SNES roms in that "snes" folder

11. Click "Stop RAMDisk" in RAMDisk program to close it to save SNES.img file

12. Transfer that SNES.img to SD card

This goes the same thing for Genesis but save it as SegaMD.img

Cheers,
Dakkon7
I just wanna say that I followed this exactly and when I open it in the twilight menu for snes it opens but then goes white and never boots. Can I please get an explanation or fix to this. Thank you

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanna say that I followed this exactly and when I open it in the twilight menu for snes it opens but then goes white and never boots. Can I please get an explanation or fix to this. Thank you
Try re-installing TWiLight Menu++, and follow the updated instructions in the first post in the SegaMD/SNES tab.

Reactions: Advance_Gamer005

YoheiruYkatchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i manage to update it and it works thanks robz by the way what exactly is bootstrap and do i need to install seperately or is that the BOOT.nds?

Advance_Gamer005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why the Snes emulator in the twilight menu for Dsi has really bad graphics? I open earthbound and it looks bad and sounds bad is that just one of the downsides? Some games also don't boot up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3