Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Zoonn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

”Jam with the Band“ fails saving. I updated Twilight to the latest version, and tried different nds bootstrap versions, including one mentioning fixing saving for this game. But it still fails at the first save attempt.
I deleted the existing save file each time I tried too.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

”Jam with the Band“ fails saving. I updated Twilight to the latest version, and tried different nds bootstrap versions, including one mentioning fixing saving for this game. But it still fails at the first save attempt.
I deleted the existing save file each time I tried too.
The current nds-bootstrap version has some overlooked bugs, so try downgrading nds-bootstrap to v0.64.1.
Also, make sure the correct versions are shown in TWLMenu++ Settings.

If the issue persists, try re-installing:
  1. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-ds or https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-3ds
  2. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wdym warped?
sorry for the late reply, but it looks like this:
1666702446723.jpeg

Zoonn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to play GBA roms natively on a DS lite, my only options would be:
  • Ez flash omega DE or everdrive, which are expensive and poke out of DS lite due to the cart size
  • Ez flash omega which has a custom cart shell for DS lite, but it has saving issues
  • Slot 2 expansion cart like 3 in 1, to use alongside twilight, but those are discontinued
Am I missing something?

edit: meant to post this in the general questions thread :mellow:

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to play GBA roms natively on a DS lite, my only options would be:
  • Ez flash omega DE or everdrive, which are expensive and poke out of DS lite due to the cart size
  • Ez flash omega which has a custom cart shell for DS lite, but it has saving issues
  • Slot 2 expansion cart like 3 in 1, to use alongside twilight, but those are discontinued
Am I missing something?

edit: meant to post this in the general questions thread :mellow:
You can also reflash the ROM on some bootleg carts using burn2slot, that's all the native options though.

And there's also GBARunner2 which is like half-native, but it does have notably more issues than any of the real Slot-2 options.

Reactions: banjo2 and Zoonn

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
that’s disappointing, I was hoping for a good slot 2 cart that doesn’t poke out of the DS Lite :(
Yeah... Unfortunately your best option for that is an EZ Flash Omega (non-DE), it's still a good cart if you just don't mind waiting a few seconds after saving and the higher battery drain, but sucks that the slightly better ones are too big for that.

Reactions: Zoonn

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.5.0: Halloween (2022) release
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.66.0 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Updated halloween splash BG to add a jack-o-lantern pumpkin face!
  • Added Super Nintendo DS logo for if a Slot-2 flashcard is detected!
  • Added Kiosk mode, which disables access to any settings menu, and the hiding and deletion of titles.
    • Can only be enabled in `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini` by setting `KIOSK_MODE` to `1`.
    • TWLMenu++ Settings can still be opened by holding SELECT before the ROM menu appears.
  • If the console screens go black when starting via Unlaunch, sleep mode can now be disabled by setting `SLEEP_MODE` to `0` in `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini`.
  • @SNBeast & @Pk11: Added new Unlaunch Launcher patch! (#2070)

Improvement​

• @Pk11 and various: Updated translations.

Bug fix​

• @Pk11: Restored alpha blending to top screen fonts in DSi-based themes.

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
001.jpg
002.jpg

Buenas, reporto que este juego lleva varias versiones que no funciona. Sale pantalla roja... tristeza :'(

Good, I report that this game has several versions that do not work. Red screen appears... sadness :'(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Tarmfot

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to either use Flipnote Lenny or install Unlaunch for this game to work.
Tengo instalado Unlaunch, HiyaCFW y TwiLightMenu.
De hecho el juego funcionaba con versiones más antiguas.
Doble tristeza ( ꈨຶ ˙̫̮ ꈨຶ )

I have Unlaunch, HiyaCFW and TwiLightMenu installed. In fact the game was working with older versions. Double sadness (╥﹏╥)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tengo instalado Unlaunch, HiyaCFW y TwiLightMenu.
De hecho el juego funcionaba con versiones más antiguas.
Doble tristeza ( ꈨຶ ˙̫̮ ꈨຶ )

I have Unlaunch, HiyaCFW and TwiLightMenu installed. In fact the game was working with older versions. Double sadness (╥﹏╥)
The game still works on my side with the latest version. Try deleting the "patchOffsetCache" folder in "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/".
If the issue persists, then your ROM probably got corrupted overtime, so try re-dumping it from your cartridge.
If the issue still persists, then try switching "Run in" to "DS mode" in the per-game settings menu (opened by pressing Y in TWLMenu++).

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a old 3DS and I have laters Luma 3DS installert, i have download and install Twilight menu ++ since I want to play GBA games and DS games.
When I shall launch GBA games from Twilight menu++ I get black screen and I still get black screen after download and install GBArunner2.
It's it possible to fix this issue?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3DS and I have laters Luma 3DS installert, i have download and install Twilight menu ++ since I want to play GBA games and DS games.
When I shall launch GBA games from Twilight menu++ I get black screen and I still get black screen after download and install GBArunner2.
It's it possible to fix this issue?
idk why you're getting a black screen, but there are better ways to play GBA on 3DS, such as VC injections or Open_AGB_FIRM.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @RocketRobz , I have a small request to make. I noticed that NesterDS+ does not work from SD-slot with TWL++ of a DSi, can you confirm this? Wouldn't you be able to make the necessary changes to make it work from there, thus using the more powerful processor and more RAM available? As you know, unlike NesDS, it uses a software-based renderer that makes it more compatible, precisely with more than 120 mappers and with the latest, most sophisticated games, but unfortunately on DS Phat/Lite it is very slow and with croaky sound. Would you be able to fix it to use on DSi? If not, possibly I could create a specific thread to see if someone competent is interested in modifying it, for the joy of us all.
Thank you and regards.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @RocketRobz , I have a small request to make. I noticed that NesterDS+ does not work from SD-slot with TWL++ of a DSi, can you confirm this? Wouldn't you be able to make the necessary changes to make it work from there, thus using the more powerful processor and more RAM available? As you know, unlike NesDS, it uses a software-based renderer that makes it more compatible, precisely with more than 120 mappers and with the latest, most sophisticated games, but unfortunately on DS Phat/Lite it is very slow and with croaky sound. Would you be able to fix it to use on DSi? If not, possibly I could create a specific thread to see if someone competent is interested in modifying it, for the joy of us all.
Thank you and regards.
Please post the link to the source code of NesterDS+.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please post the link to the source code of NesterDS+
Maybe it is on this page, but I am not sure, since it is in japanese:
http://tallfatman.web.fc2.com/
Perhaps it can be found also on gamebrew.org, but from my country it is inaccessible.
If not, I can ask in an appropriate thread if anyone knows where to find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8